NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Feature Request re: Failure messages to Postmaster

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kentyrr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Feature Request re: Failure messages to Postmaster Reply with quote

I read somewhere else here in the forums that Pagegate v5 is tentatively planned for release by end of 2005. I am looking forward to it!

I'd like to ask for a feature improvement - I hope it isn't too late. =D

When message transmission failures occur (Carrier retry limit, Recipient retry limit, empty groups, etc), and the Postmaster email is populated, the system sends the Postmaster an email with the subject line of 'Error Sending Page' and the body contains details of the failure. Would it be possible to:

1) Include the type of failure in the subject line, for example:
Subject: Error Sending Page - Carrier retry limit exceeded

and/or

2) Make the transmission of such failure messages configurable, ie provide a toggle for each individual message type so that they can be turned on or off. In our situation, I don't care about empty group messages, and would like to set the system so it won't send those at all. Or perhaps even a system-wide optional setting to ignore empty groups rather than treating them as an error condition.

An additional note:
Setting the Postmaster email address seems to be a bit buggy - I was unable to make one address stay populated in this field, so I had to resort to using another shorter email address instead. It would seem to accept the longer email address, but after Applying, leaving the GetMail/Settings screen and coming back, the field would be empty again. (For further info, you could contact me directly at ken.tyrrell@fredmeyer.com, but the preferred email address was 31 characters long, with the format of aaaa.aaaaaaaaa.aaaaaa@aaaaaa.com, and the one it would accept was 20 characters long, with the format of aaa.aaaaaaa@aaaaaaaaa.com).

All in all, PageGate has been a great product!

Thank you for your time and consideration.

The Kroger Co.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: