NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Newbie question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hiramabiff733

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Newbie question Reply with quote

I just downloaded Notepager pro. I want to sit this up on my website where people can sign up their cellphones, PDA's...etc for daily updates upcoming events...etc

I figured out how to set up my Verizon phone and it works fine. I am sending to my phone via an email. Can I send this as a regular text?

How do I go about finding the information I need to set up other wireless carriers (Tmobile, Sprint...etc)

What information do I ask of my visitors so I can configure their wireless information into this application?

Any information anyone can provide will help me greatly.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:17 am    Post subject: Newbie question Reply with quote

Our NotePager Pro product is designed for stand-alone workstations only. You will not be able to tie it into your webpage.

You may consider looking at our PageGate product, and its GetWeb interface. It will allow you to give users the ability to send text messages from a webpage.

If you need information about wireless carriers and the necessary settings to set them up in our products, please take a look at the support section of our website here:

http://www.notepage.net/support.htm

It has the settings your are looking for.

In order to setup other people's pagers or phones, you will need to know what carrier their pager/phone is on, and their PIN number (which in most cases is simply the device's phone number, with area code).

hiramabiff733

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,

I got the impression I couldn't have an form on the site which would automatically sign them up.

I figured if they would send me their info I could manually add users. The site isn't that big so I could do that without any problem.

I will check out that other program. Is there a price discount for non profit organisations?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Newbie question Reply with quote

[quote]I got the impression I couldn't have an form on the site which would automatically sign them up.

I figured if they would send me their info I could manually add users. The site isn't that big so I could do that without any problem.[/quote]

That is correct. There isn't really any automated 'web form' way to do it. But, it probably isn't a big problem for a smaller site.

Non-profit organizations get a 10% discount off regular pricing.

gogetter2005

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: SOS Tech Support Reply with quote

Hello i want to setup here on my island in the carribbean and i need help. Dont have a clue where to start. Any assistance would be great.Thanks.

gogetter2005

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iam using notepager pro's trial edition here in The Bahamas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions and Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: