NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

WebGate Message Accepted! Form

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CMI911

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: WebGate Message Accepted! Form Reply with quote

Greetings,

Trying to determine if there is a way to have WebGate NOT display the MESSAGE ACCEPTED page after the send button is pressed? We are incorporating text boxes into a form and just need to have the message sent upon pressing the send button and allow the operator to continue to work in the form.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Geg Abbott
METCAD 9-1-1
Champaign County, IL - USA

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg,

The webgate executable (webgate.exe) is designed to ALWAYS give a response (either positive or negative) when data is POSTed to it.

abradley

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just run into a situation where I also need to bypass the response page.

We have a setup for our technicians that they are going to select the users that are currently on shift to send pages to. Once they hit the response page and return their selections for the users are gone.

Is there a way to trap these responses and return them inside of a Javascript alert box instead of the response page?

I have been messing with scripts to return the users to a page that remembers who they had selected but I'm not someing up with anything elegant....

Any Thoughts?

Andy

abradley

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW - I have temporarly set the Target=_blank attribute to the form so that it will open the response page in a new window.

I don't really like this as the Target is not supported in strict HTML and it does open yet another window for them to close.

But - this does become a quick work-around until a better solution is presented.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: