NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

can u use Notepager 32 with broadband cable modems or not???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saskia

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 5:08 pm    Post subject: can u use Notepager 32 with broadband cable modems or not??? Reply with quote

I'm a bit confused! I read ur reply to "wakeboardgirl2003"'s post, "HELP"; does that mean that Notepager 32 is useless if u've got cable?? If so, could you please say so on the download page to save us downloading something which won't work on our computer!!! I'm sure it's not just me and "wakeboardgirl2003" who are having this problem!!

missdipsy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering the same thing!

NotePage Sales

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 9:57 pm    Post subject: Cable Modems Reply with quote

NotePager 32 is designed to use the TAP protocol which uses the traditional analog modem dialing out to the carrier. TAP is the traditional way to send text messages and the most widely supported.

Some of the newer protocols SNPP, WCTP etc.. use the Internet to send messages. These protocols are not as widely supported by carriers.

NotePager 32 is free and supports TAP (the most popular, and traditional method of sending text messages). A professional version which supports the newer Internet protocols as well as TAP is available in NotePager Pro. NotePager Pro is $ 29.95. If you are working with a carrier that supports the newer protocols you may wish to consider NotePager Pro.

If your carrier has not adopted any of the newer protocols, you will need to send messages uses TAP which uses a "traditional" modem not a cable modem and NotePager 32 will do the job. If your carrier supports SNPP, WCTP or SMTP you may want to consider upgrading to NotePager Pro.
Hope this helps.
NotePage Sales
http://www.notepage.net

missdipsy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what you're saying is that Notepager 32 can't be used with a cable modem??? If so please could you state this on the download page!!

NotePage Sales

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 5:55 pm    Post subject: cable modems Reply with quote

I'll certainly pass your suggestion along. The traditional way to send messages does not use the Internet or cable modems. The initial thought was that a statement mentioning cable modems would simply confuse people because the many people are looking to send messages the traditional way (the way its been done pre-Internet etc...).

The feature comparison page details that Internet paging is not-supported in NotePager 32 but only in NotePager Pro and PageGate.
NotePage Sales
http://www.notepage.net

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: