NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Command Line Paging

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UES Controls

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 1:10 pm    Post subject: Command Line Paging Reply with quote

I am currently evaluating Pagegate 4 for command line paging. I have a control system that generates text files from alarms and I want to be able to send these alarms to an alpha pager. I have followed the instructions on setting up a command line, but I cannot get the page that I send to go out to the modem and actually dial the number and page. I check the log and it says succesfully completed... I have Get ASCII enabled and have my carrier and recipient setup, but nothing. I am using the command line "sendpage -dir:c:\pages control arch test" for a test page. Control is the pager that I have setup and Arch is the carrier & test is my message. Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

Ed

Tech Support

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:22 am    Post subject: Command Line Paging Reply with quote

Can you check the PageGate log files and check the following:

Is a new entry added to the GetAscii log after you run the commandline. If so what does it say.

Is a new entry added to the Scheduler log? If so what?

Is a new etnry added to the Dialer1 log? If so what?

If you have the PG Monitor program running at the time of sending, are the 'Server', 'Sched', 'GetAscii', and 'Dialers' labels all green (or changing from dark to light green)?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my problem lies within the scheduler. I cannot get that service to start... All others that are required are green. I have started the scheduler, changed the poll time and even stopped the server and started all again, but it won't start... Any suggestions on why it might not want to start? I can even go to a recipent and do a manual page and it goes to the queue, but does not page out.

Thanks

Ed

Tech Support

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:33 am    Post subject: Command Line Paging Reply with quote

In PG Admin, go to 'Program' -> 'Settings' and make sure that you have the box checked for the 'Scheduler' module.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know, it's the obvious things that just stare you in the face sometimes... I think that I can make it further now.

Thanks

Ed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: