NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

using blackberry devices with pagegate and sms messaging

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrewFromNC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: using blackberry devices with pagegate and sms messaging Reply with quote

Hi NotePage:

Recently, Pike has been moving away from pagers in favorite of Java based Blackberries.

The Blackberries don't support paging as a standard pager. However, they are capable of receiving SMS text message by using the associated phone number of the Blackberry when sending an SMS message.

Is there a way to set Pagegate up to be able to send SMS messages to the Blackberry devices via the use of SMS messaging? Each Blackberry would have its own phone number of course but I think I read that Pagegate can do SMS messaging to devices.

Please advise and thanks much!

Drew

DrewFromNC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to mention that I'm using the lastest version of Pagegate 4 from the web site.

Thanks again!
Drew

DrewFromNC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other note!! The Blackberries have Cingular service! That should be all the needed info.

Thanks again
Drew

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried using one of the Cingular TAP numbers listed here: http://www.notepage.net/tap-phone-numbers-c.htm

We usually recommend using the "800-477-4550" number.

The recipient ID/Pin should be the ten digit telephone number.

If that does not work, you should contact Cingular to inquire whether they support SMTP, WCTP or SNPP for use with the blackberries, and what the associated settings would be if they do.

DrewFromNC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: database error Reply with quote

Thanks! I'll give those a shot. While getting ready to try that, I ran across a database problem. This problem didn't occur until after upgrading from Pagegate 3.0 to Pagegate 4.0. So, I'm guessing something didn't go quite right when the database itself was upgraded by the setup program.

Anytime I try to edit an existing Pagegate user or add a new one in the Admin program, I get the below error and Pagegate immediately crashes and exits all the way out. Not sure what to do on the error.

I've posted a screen capture of the error on my web site at:

http://www.drewscorner.com/winfaxdatabase.jpg

Thanks again
Drew

DrewFromNC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject: disregard Reply with quote

Disregard the database error post. The setup program doesn't get rid of the old Pagegate 3.0 admin program and I was running that instead of the newly installed 4.0 version. Using the 4.0 version, it runs fine!

Drew

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: