NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

PageGate Database Error 3051

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bfd29

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: PageGate Database Error 3051 Reply with quote

I am running PageGate Scheduler and the GetWeb interface on a Windows 2003 server as a service using the Local System service account. The database is on a network share that gives read permissions to "Everyone". I'm trying to get the Dialer1 module to run on a seperate network workstation in our communications area, Windows XP machine, also configured as a service with the local system account. Both the PageGate and th4e PGDial1 services appear in the services list on the XP machine, with the first set to AUto and the second to manual. However, when the service tries to start I get the following error in the pagegate log on the workstation:

Program Halted. Database error: 3051 The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file '\\0server\PagingData$\pagegate.mdb'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data. in Procedure: main2

I was previously running the exact same configuration, except the Server was a Windows 2000 Server. I had no problems at that time. What am I missing now?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a permission issue. "Database error: 3051" and "Database error: 3050" always relate to NT user rights / permissions, when accessing the the database.

The "local system account" that PageGate is running under does not have rights/permissions to access the share/database over the network.

A special Domain User account can be created solely for PageGate. That Domain User account should have "Full Control" over the network share where that the database resides. Also, the Domain User account should be added to the PageGate Server machine's "Local Security Policy", allowing it to "Log on as a Service". PageGate would then be configured to use that account when running as an NT Service.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: