NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Cell as modem connection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Walt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 3:42 pm    Post subject: Cell as modem connection Reply with quote

I have my cell as modem on COM port. Installation does not rec modem using wizard. I'm trying to use this SW to test sending SMS thru CELL modem on com to another cell (using MOT T722i) as cell modem. I do not want to use internet SMS xfr. Any help?

Thanks Walt

Tech Support

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:40 am    Post subject: Cell as modem connection Reply with quote

One way to test if the modem is reponding on your COM port is to go into the Hyperterminal program ('Start' -> 'Programs' -> 'Accessories' -> 'Communications' -> 'Hyperterminal). When you get to the screen with the field 'Connect Using', choose the COM port, not the actual modem driver (if installed).

Set the baud rate, parity, etc. When you get the blank terminal screen, type 'AT' (no quotes) and hit enter. If your modem is working correctly, then you should get an 'OK' back.

There is one possibility where the wizard won't detect your modem, but it may work with NotePager Pro anyways. The wizard does most of its communications to the modem at 1200 baud. Some of the wireless modems and mobile phones will only communicate with a computer at a set baud rate (usually 9600 or 19200). Try testing with Hyperterminal at 9600 baud, no parity, 8 data bits, and 1 stop bit. If you get a response, then setup a carrier in NotePager Pro with these settings.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: