NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Motorola Premier One CAD and SMTP Notifications

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> Integration Related Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cstanley1543

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:51 pm    Post subject: Motorola Premier One CAD and SMTP Notifications Reply with quote

We are using the Premier One CAD from Motorola to send notifications to Public Safety personnel. Our only option is to send these notifications as SMTP. We have PageGate v10 and we are using the GetMail interface to accept the incoming 'emails' and reformat them to send to our recipients. My issue is that the emails from CAD are formatted with an HTML table. I have access to update the email data formats, but not the table itself.

My issue is that I have programmed into the email format for Line Returns, but in order to have an easily readable message I have to use the setting to Strip Non Printable Characters (we were getting blank lines) and AltParseStripTags to only see the data and not the table / font formatting. In my Global Template, I have 'SubjectDelimiter = \013\010|\013|\010' but I'm not sure what it is telling the system to do?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The subject delimiter variables you have specified are telling PageGate to look for a carriage return+line feed pair OR a carriage return OR a line feed and then treat everything before it as the subject parameter.

The number of characters the program searches for the subject delimiter(s) is controlled by the SubjectSearchLength value.

If you don't want PageGate to parse out subject parameters from the body of the message, I would recommend setting the following:
SubjectDelimiter = ~
SubjectSearchLength = 1

cstanley1543

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! That helped with the Subject delimiter. Any ideas on how to work around the HTML table in the body of the message? If I set the "Strip Non Printable" to True, everything in the notification runs together. If I set it to False, everything is on it's own line with a blank line between each element. Like so:
CAD NOTIFICATION
1:32:30 PM 11/2/2022

INC #:
CAD EVENT ID

DATE:
1:32:30 PM 11/2/2022

INCI TYPE:
CALL TYPE

And so on. I'm sending 12 different fields of information which can make a 3 page text message.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To do anything more complex than what StripNonPrintable does, you would need to use the PageGate Filter Pack. It is capable of doing all kinds of pattern matching, replacements, formatting, RegEx support, etc.

In order to use it you will need to be running PageGate version 10 and purchase the Filter Pack.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> Integration Related Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: