NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Upgrade to 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
evanson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:46 pm    Post subject: Upgrade to 9 Reply with quote

I upgraded from 8 to 9. All my recipients have no 'enabled services' checked.

No pages are going out. What happened? They were 'checked' and working fine before the upgrade.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The items in 'enabled services' will become disabled if PageGate is running in an unregistered, evaluation mode.

If you open PG Admin and go to the 'Registration' section, do you have your PageGate version 9 registration key entered?

If so, you'll need to re-enable the interfaces for your recipients by doing the following:

1) Make a note of what's checked in the upper right hand corner of the Registration panel; that will let us know what needs to be reset.

2) In PG Admin, go to Interfaces - <Your Interfaces> - Settings. For example, if you have GetAscii and GetSerial checked in the 'Registration' panel, you'll want to do this for both interfaces.

3) Uncheck Enabled, click Apply and tell it No.

4) Check Enabled, click Apply and tell it Yes.

5) Open the Windows Services list.

6) Restart the PageGate service.

If that doesn't work, or if you need further assistance, please email a screenshot of the Registration panel in PG Admin to support at notepage dot com and a reference to the forum thread.

evanson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All set. When I did the upgrade it didn't ask for the registration. I had to go into admin and put it in manually. The upgrade directions say it should ask for it.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's odd, it should prompt for the registration key the first time you run PG Admin after the upgrade. We'll double check the installation routine to make sure that's happening.

jjohnson@dentoncounty.gov

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:24 pm    Post subject: Ascii Service Running but Disabled Reply with quote

Just want to share an experience we had in case it helps someone.

We upgraded to version 9 and our install was registered correctly. For some reason the Ascii service was in a running state, but the checkbox for Enabled in Settings was not activated.

Since the Interface was running, all Ascii requests for pre-existing recipients were processed, but new recipients and groups created since version 9 inherited a disabled status for the ascii_service database field. Pages wouldn't be sent to the new users or groups.

Disabling and Enabling the Ascii Interface corrected the new users and they now work correctly. I have tested adding new users and groups since and they are created as expected.

One odd thing we've noticed is PGAdmin shows the Ascii Interface to be enabled when viewed directly on the server, but if anyone with admin rights looks at it from their own computer, the Enabled box is empty. The other interfaces show Enabled. I'm not sure if this is by design.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: