NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

RawTCP connection support files

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mwaters

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:52 pm    Post subject: RawTCP connection support files Reply with quote

We are migrating from a version 6 server to a version 8 server. Both physical. The older server has about 15 recipients that are really Lantronix IP to Serial devices at fire stations. The devices take a command from PG, turn this into serial communication which then trigger relays for some electrical items at the stations.

The working server uses small files with the .mtp extension. The files are named the same as the recipient we are trying to contact. For example, a file might be called 9991101.mtp for the recipient 9991101. The recipient points to a carrier with the correct IP address and port of the Lantronix device. These files are located in the Program's PageGate folder. The same folder where pgadmin.exe and PageGate.exe are found

I have these same files (copied from the working server) on the new server in the same PageGate directory, but when I send a test message to any of the new recipients, I get no results at the stations. PG thinks it has worked-I get a Successful message in the monitor and I can ping the remote Lantronix devices so I know I have good network connectivity.

With version 8 would these .mtp files need to be in a different directory? What am I missing? Service restart maybe?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, the .mtp files are the older version's template system.

In version 8, we've integrated the templating in to PG Admin, so you won't need to create separate files for each recipient. What you'll want to do is go to Recipients - <That Recipient> - Template and enter the same information in the 'Text' section on the right hand side.

mwaters

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, that was the money right there!

If it helps anyone else with a situation like this, this template "text" in my case is "PFA×"(most likely) or "PFBØ"(for stations with a second crew 'quarters' configured)(quotes not included with the text) . I verified with a couple stations that their tones worked. Thanks for the quick help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: