NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Solarwinds issue with notepager

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
14martis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:06 am    Post subject: Solarwinds issue with notepager Reply with quote

SolarWinds server has notepager installed, notepager can send text messages through the application, but SolarWinds SMS/page option with notepager's built in Recipients list executes the action, but the notepager application never receives the data/request. therefor not sending the text. what can I do to resolve this? I have fresh installed notepager pro V5.1 already.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm... let's find out if it's an issue with the 'Dial Page or SMS' service trigger action or if it's something a bit deeper than that.

The first test I'd like to try is issuing a command directly to the NotePager Pro executable from the 'Run' line in Windows in this format:

<Your NotePager Pro Install Path>\npp.exe <recipient> <sender> <message>

<Your NotePager Pro Install Path> = The full path to your NotePager Pro program directory.

<recipient> = The value from the 'short name' field of a recipient as it exists in NotePager Pro. To determine that, open NPP, go to Recipients - Edit, highlight a recipient and click Edit.

<sender> = You must pass a value in this field, it cannot be left blank, but this field can be any alphanumeric string.

<message> = What you want the message to say.

Example:
c:\NotePager Pro\npp.exe 14martis NPSupport This is a test

That would send a message to a recipient named 14martis from the sender NPSupport and the message would say 'This is a test'

To bring up the 'Run' dialog in Windows, press the Windows Key + R on your keyboard at the same time. You can also run the Task Manager in Windows and go to File - Run.

Did that come through?

Just to note it, there are other tests I'd like to take you through, we just need to determine a few baseline things first.

14martis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the CMD takes the command in administrator mode and non administrator mode, but the text never sends or shows in the notepager log or activity monitor

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you would, please email your contact information to support at notepage dot com, I'd like to have a look at a few things on the system with you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: