NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

message truncated please help...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jheena789

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:04 am    Post subject: message truncated please help... Reply with quote

Messages sent to pagers are truncated. Using PageGate V4.0.

If I send an email message to pager subscriber and hit the return key after the 'greeting', everything after the greeting is dropped and not sent.

However, if I DO NOT hit the return key after the greeting and type my message as one single line, then the message goes through in its entirety.

This happens regardless of the length of the message.

Is this supposed to happen or is this a bug?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you open the PageGate Admin and go into the settings of both the carrier and recipients you're using, what are your Max Chars fields set to?

zLon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have PageGate 8.3.

I am having a similar issue. My "Max Chars" are set to 1000.

I am pickup up a file and processing it. If the message is under 40 characters and has a "carriage return" after the message, we only get the time and date generated from Page Gate sent our text message. If there is not a "carriage return", short messages will be processed correctly.

------Found the issue, the "SubjectSearchLength" under Program/Template/ was set to 40. I changed it to 1 and all is good.

Last edited by zLon on Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like something on the data read side of things. From what you've described, it sounds like you're using PageGate's GetAscii interface to process the file.

If you go to Interfaces - GetAscii - Settings - Advanced Polling - Files, are you doing any advanced processing?

If so, what are your Advanced Polling Files, Symbols, Record, Recipient, Sender and Message sections configured to use?

zLon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the quick reply....

------Found the issue, the "SubjectSearchLength" under Program/Template/ was set to 40. I changed it to 1 and all is good.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, that would be the other place that could happen, yeah.

To note it for anyone who reads the thread in the future, a carriage return or carriage return + line feed is one of PageGate's default subject parsing parameters; meaning that if it finds either in the first X characters (where X is a value you can set in the program's global template), everything before the CR or CRLF is treated as the 'subject' parameter and excerpted from the message.

You can modify that by changing the subject search length parameter to effectively scan for 'nothing' or you can modify the SubjectDelimiter parameter to remove any/all instances of \013 and \010 (the ASCII codes for carriage return and line feed, respectively)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions and Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: