NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

New Cellular Modem for Sprint SIM Card

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dan_metrosafe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:38 pm    Post subject: New Cellular Modem for Sprint SIM Card Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,
I have updated my Sprint Cellular Modem on one of my PageGate Servers. I had to because the old one is a serial device and new one is USB. The only modem I found from Multitech is the MTCM-LSP3-B03 and in the instruction booklet a sticker in the instructions says "Correction: The MTCM requires a 3FF micro SIM card, not the 2FF mini SIM listed."

I contacted our Cellular Rep. and they advise that Sprint has no idea what a 3FF micro SIM card is. Now I cannot be the only person that has one of these Cellular Modems in the entire world. If anyone has one of these thru Sprint please let me know what you did to get it up and running.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to confirm what you'd already mentioned, that according to the Multitech documentation (https://www.multitech.com/documents/publications/manuals/s000695.pdf) the type of SIM card that device needs is a micro-SIM (3FF).

The 3FF stands for 3rd Form Factor, which is slightly larger than a nano-SIM (4FF) and smaller than a standard SIM (2FF).

In context, I think it just means you need a micro-SIM.

dan_metrosafe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is correct, the problem is that Sprint is saying they have never heard of a micro SIM card and they don't have them. I cannot be the only person in the world that has purchased this modem for Sprint. Thinks that make you go HHMMM???

Tech Support

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh... yeah, that is a perplexing response from them. Ask your Sprint reps if they've hard of, or can acquire, SIM model number SIMGLW206R or CZ2102LWR. Both are micro-SIMs by Sprint that were heavily used with the Nexus 5 and Galaxy S5 era phones.

I don't know if those are still actively produced SIM cards or if they have a more modern model that they'd prefer to sell but maybe showing Sprint examples of their own hardware might help them track it down internally?

OzCom

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SIMGLW206R should have been shipped with your modem - You should contact the vendor you purchased from. If that doesn't help - there are MANY of those cards available on Amazon - very low cost. Once you have it - you will need to work with your account rep to get it activated and provisioned on their network.

TEL: 207-518-8455
AOsgood@streamline-solutions.net
Creators of AutoPage Spillman CAD interface for PageGate
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dan_metrosafe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read that since I provided them with Item Numbers (Thank You Jeremy!!) They were able to look one up and it should be here Monday!! I just hope it is the correct one! Thanks for the assist!!

OzCom

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear that Dan - make sure Sprint provisions the account with UNLIMITED TEXT MESSAGING -

View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dan_metrosafe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of this date I still have not gotten a working SIM Card for the Multitech Cellular Modem from Sprint.
Aaron, I gave them the information from the last entry and I was told thst they no longer support the SIMGLW206R SIM. They have sent me three different SIM cards and they either don't fit or are not supported. Not sure what to do at this stage. If anyone has any more ideas I would be open to try them.

OzCom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that. I'm not sure where you obtained that device, but it is not one I would recommend. You said "....I gave them the information from the last entry and I was told that they no longer support the SIMGLW206R..." -

is the "they" Sprint or your device supplier?

You may also want to research carriers - especially given the uncertainty with the upcoming Sprint and T-Mobile merger

dan_metrosafe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They is Sprint, I was advised that Sprint no longer stocks that SIM Card and the only SIM Card that matches on Amazon is $36.00 (FOR A SIM CARD)
Also I think the Modem was purchased at CDW-G, I had to go thru our Metro IT Dept. to order it so it was not up to me where it came from.

dan_metrosafe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just FYI, thanks to a Tech with Multitech, he sent me a couple more SIM Cards and I had one that would fit and actually works!! Things should not be that difficult and take this much time but it does work now so I have my backup server up and running!! Jeremy and Aaron thanks guys for the assist you all are lifesavers. If you guys need assistance from me please let me know.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan,

That's excellent and we're really glad to hear it. Thank you for following up with us and if you need anything, definitely touch base to let us know.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: