NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Line breaks in text message

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dankski

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:24 pm    Post subject: Line breaks in text message Reply with quote

I am having trouble formatting line breaks into the text message. I am not very familiar with html code or BBCode and am not sure if I have the proper user privileges to use it through my employer.

We would like to be able to send a text message containing a list of items with clear line breaks for each item. Formatting the PageGate text window using the enter key, a comma, a semicolon, <br>, and [br] does not create a line break in the final text message received on a cell phone.

Example of how we would like the message to appear:

Item 1: 20
Item 2: 30
Item 3: 100

(this example appears as "Item 1: 20 Item 2: 30 Item 3: 100" in the text message as viewed on a cell phone. One long confusing "sentence".

Hopefully there is a simple solution to this that I am misunderstanding, or maybe my employer needs to give front line users different access privileges?

Thank you for your help

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first thing we'll want to check is whether or not "Strip Non-Printable Characters" is enabled or disabled on the server. If it's enabled, PageGate has been configured to automatically remove any carriage returns, line feeds, horizontal tabs and similar characters and we'll need to disable that before those characters can be sent.

The setting for that is in a different location in different versions, what are you currently using?

dankski

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a frontline user, not sure if I can provide the info you need.

I see "PGATEPVAS01" on the PageGate homescreen if that helps?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, in that case, you'll want your PageGate Administrator to have a look at something on the server side of things that may be stripping those characters out.

If you can have them let you know which version of PageGate you're using, we can also provide steps on how to check the value and reset it, if necessary.

dankski

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok we will try that.

Thanks for your quick response.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: