NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

PageGate & Exchange

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abradley

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:06 am    Post subject: PageGate & Exchange Reply with quote

I have setup PageGate in our Win2k domain in order to test the e-mail functionality. We are running a Exchange 2k box under AD.

What we are after is something that I can send an e-mail to and have the software translate that e-mail into a SNPP page to our service provider.

Pagegate seems to be functioning correctly and I can configure it to pull e-mails via POP from Exchange.

But, I can not see how to configure our Exchange box to "see" the pagegate server as a valid mail server to send e-mails to.

Is there a setting I am missing or do I use the Server name that the PageGate is installed on as the domain for e-mails?

Thanks for the help,

Andy Bradley
abradley@reawire.com

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PageGate must be configured to accept mail for a particular domain. This is the "Local Domain" in the GetMail settings.

We usually recommend using a special email sub-domain name (i.e. "pg.reawire.com" or "paging.reawire.com") for PageGate. PageGate will then accept emails for "recipientname@pg.reawire.com" (or "recipientname@paging.reawire.com), and process the message for "recipientname", based on the Recipient/Carrier settings.

Depending on your specific network / Exchange configuration, you may need to configure Exchange and /or internal DNS to include MX records, resolving the value entered in GetMail's "Local Domain" to the PageGate server machine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: