NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

SMS Sending Error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rbessette259

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: SMS Sending Error Reply with quote

Our system just began sending duplicate messages. When I watch the connector log everything seems fine except it pauses after the message entry then after 30-45 seconds returns

"Received: <CR><LF>+CMS ERROR:3<VR><LF>"

Sometimes the messages is delivered with the error but then repeats the process several times resulting in duplicate messages to the receipt. Sometimes its only 4 duplicates others its 10. I've moved the modem and the signal shows 21,99 and replaced the USB cable with the same results.

I haven't found anything posted regarding error 3, so I figured I would follow up with the group.

We're running version 8.0 with a Multi-Tech MTC usb cell modem for SMS.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm... CMS Error 3 usually indicates that there's an issue with the SIM, it only occurs if the SIM reports 'not ready' when you try to send an SMS. The trouble is that the error tells PageGate the message wasn't received and to re-transmit but it sounds like the device is still queuing the original messages.

I would recommend contacting Multitech.

rbessette259

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, it was out of warranty so we just replaced the device and now everything is working properly. Thanks for the response.

Rich

rbessette259

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After several weeks of research changing hardware, and upgrading pagegate, the issue continued. MultiTech support advised it wasn't a hardware problem, it was related to the network. What was strange was that messages would sometimes work, and we had a rather large stretch during the holidays. When the problem occurs my Verizon phone never receives the message, but my AT&T phone receives the message four times. (Error Count is Set to 3) Verizon advised that their network is flagging the account as SPAM and denying the SMS messages, and we need to sign up for Enterprise Messaging.

rbessette259

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should add the the modem's provider is Verizon.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for continuing to update us as you learn more. This is invaluable information and we appreciate it.

Engen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this mean Verizon lets what they think is spam through when you upgrade to Enterprise packet? Those goof-balls. I wouldn't take their word for it.

harryjon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the second time in a month, we've received an error message which pops up after trying to open the Notepager Pro 5 program. The program does not open and the following error pops up: Error 3191, Cannot define field more than once. We're looking for either a resolution to the error or preventative maintenance to keep it from happening again.

We're using NotePager Pro 5 and the computer is a Windows 7, 64-Bit machine.

My staff seems to think that it may have something to do with the automatic Windows Updates, which is possible but I don't know which update could be the culprit.

The only way to resolve the issue is a clean uninstall and reinstall.

Any help is appreciated.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Error 3191 is a database error. It could be that the database has become corrupt or that some value in it is incorrect and causing a problem.

I'd like to get a copy of the database to get a better idea of what the problem it.

Please email support@notepage.com so we can take steps to resove the problem. I thin it would be better handled via email, as we wouldn't want you to post the necessary files on the forum.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: