NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

NotePager Pro integration with SolarWinds TRAP Viewer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MWT_Team

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:21 pm    Post subject: NotePager Pro integration with SolarWinds TRAP Viewer Reply with quote

Hi,
We are using NPP and we are trying to send a page alert (received by SolarWinds Trap Viewer - NPM module)
Unfortunately, it looks like the "Dial Paging or SMS service" Action is not listed in the Actions list like if it was not "integrated" by default.
Is this a known thing?

the only one that is listed is the default Email / Page action (which can't, as you know send a page thru TAP)
Could you please advise if this is a NPP issue or SolarWinds? I guess I'm not the first one asking...
cheers

Tech Support

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm... if that element of the SolarWinds' software suite doesn't have the "Dial Paging or SMS service" action, it may not be integrated by default. If that's the case, you can still use the "Execute an external program" action and pass messages directly to the NotePager Pro command line executable, like so:

Trigger Action:
c:\<your install path to notepager pro\npp.exe <recipient> <sender> <message>

So, let's say we have NotePager Pro installed to c:\NotePager Pro\ and that we want to send a message to the MWT_Team group from Orion that said "This is a test message". You would format the command like so:

c:\NotePager Pro\npp.exe MWT_Team Orion This is a test message.

MWT_Team

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm about to give it a try. 2 questions:
-if I'm not using GROUPS for my recipients, I can skip the group from the command?
- Can I use SolarWinds variable in the command?

so something like:
c:\NotePager Pro\npp.exe MWT_Team ${variable}

thanks.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just referenced the groups as an example. The first variable passed after the executable just needs to reference whoever you want the messages to go to, whether it's a recipient or a group. One other thing to note is that the second thing you pass after the executable is going to be read in as the 'sender' value.

Also, you can definitely use SolarWinds' variables in the message portion of the command.

So, you would want to use something like this:
c:\NotePager Pro\npp.exe <recipient or group name> <sender's name> <message, including any SolarWinds variables>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: