NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

User is not receiving pages

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kudies

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:47 pm    Post subject: User is not receiving pages Reply with quote

Hello, I have issues with a user not receiving pages, they are set-up correctly in pagegate, they have verizon as the carrier, and we are using the their phone number@vtext.com. When i check the reports, they are showing successful on my end, but user has not been receiving any text from us. We have other Verizon users and they receive these pages just fine. The user spoke with Verizon and they would like to know what phone number we are paging from, but i dont think pagegate uses a phone number to page users right? (Im not sure) But if someone could assist me with this, that'd be great. At this point, im at a loss. User has an iPhone 6 (i dont think this is an issue), could it be possible that his phone is blocking messages? He is receiving text fine from other people. Please advise, thanks.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typically speaking, something like this occurs when the domain value is set to a value outside of the MTA PTR record for the domain declared.

If you would, please email the c:\PageGateData\Logs\*.log files to support at notepage dot com so we can have a look at the specific SMTP transactions to see if that's what you're running in to.

kudies

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, this may be an issue with Verizon. when we used multiple email services such as gmail, yahoo etc and sent the test messages to his phonenumber@vtext.com He is not receiving the text emails either. Im going to have him check with Verizon as this doesnt seem to be a pagegate issue. Unless there are other things tech support can suggest?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm... if the issue seems to be related to that one specific recipient and all of your other traffic is going through appropriately, I would definitely recommend that they contact the carrier.

kudies

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We found the issue, looks like users have to log into their carriers account and change the settings for spam/website messaging. My particular user had this option toggled on to block messages from spam/websites thats why it wasnt coming through via pagegate and external emails. I thought this was a setting that could be changed straight from the phone device, i guess it turns out they have to go into their account to manually change this. Thanks again for the help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: