NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

notepager pro vis solarwinds no longer working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lee.watkins

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:35 pm    Post subject: notepager pro vis solarwinds no longer working Reply with quote

A few weeks ago I migrated my Solarwinds sever to new hardware. I've upgraded Notepager pro to version 5. But now paging isnt working.

I am able to successfully send test pages from NPP, but nothing goes through from solarwinds. I'm about 90% sure i have everything configured the same on both servers.

I'm not really sure where to look now. I'm opening a ticket with solarwinds to see of they can shed some light on the subject. i'm just wondering if anyone here can think of anything i should check.

Thanks

Lee

Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee,

Just to double check, in Orion, if you edit one of your alerts and edit the 'Dial a page or SMS' action, then click on the elipses button (...), does SolarWinds still display the recipients and groups in NotePager Pro?

Also, to what directory do you have NotePager Pro installed and on what operating system are you using it?

lee.watkins

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, both users show up under recipients, and both are selected under the "Send Page To" column.

I've also tried deleting the Dial page / SMS action and re-creating it.

I am using Windows Server 2012 Standard.

NPP is installed in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\NotePage\NotePager Pro

Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I think you may be running in to an issue with either registry virtualization or the program's interaction with the User Accounts Control in Windows.

I'd recommend uninstalling NotePager Pro, then go to the Installation section of the documentation located here (http://www.notepage.net/manuals/notepagerpro/index.html) and use the OS appropriate steps to reinstall to c:\NotePager Pro\

Once you've done that, be sure to use the right click, "Run as Administrator" option to run NotePager Pro and that should do it. If it doesn't, please let us know.

lee.watkins

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that did the trick! so much for your help! i was going crazy over here!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: