NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

GSM-AT Replies sent back out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zLon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:15 pm    Post subject: GSM-AT Replies sent back out Reply with quote

I have a GSM-AT modem working. It sends and receives text messages. I currently have the 2-way connector to put it into my email.

If I understand correctly, I can use ASCII to resend those messages back out and filtered on the phone number it was sent from? I just don't understand how to do this. Any suggestions?

Lon

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lon,

What you'll need to do is have the messages read in from the Cellular Modem written out to a text file, then have the GetAscii module process those files back in for delivery.

Here's how to have the messages read in from the cellular modem written out as a text file:

Note: Please create the following directory in Windows: C:\PageGateData\Ascii\

1) Open the PG Admin.

2) Right click on Carriers, left click on Add.

3) Set the following:
Carrier: FileReplies
Protocol: File
File Path: c:\PageGateData\Ascii\
Extension: .asc
Max Chars: 1024

4) Click on Apply.

5) Right click on Recipients, left click on Add.

6) Set the following:
Full Name: Replies
Recipient: replies
Type: Normal
Carrier: File

7) Click on Apply.

8) Go to Connectors - Connector 1 - 2-Way

9) Put a check in "Enable GSM-AT Replies"

10) Set the Reply Recipient field to: replies

11) Click on Apply.

Now that we've configured the basic process to have the replies written out to the Ascii directory, you'll probably want to modify the Template for your File carrier, that way you can set certain points of data to appear at certain places within the written files to make it much easier to work with the data.

To do that, I'd recommend looking at the PageGate Admin - Using the PageGate Admin - Templates section of our documentation here: http://www.notepage.net/manuals/pg/v7/server/html/index.html

Once you have the above process complete and the template set, please email an example .asc file from your c:\PageGateData\Ascii\ directory to support at notepage dot com or post its contents in a followup to this thread and we'll go over how to configure the GetAscii module to read the data in.

zLon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information, it is now making the file. However the file only contains text of the message. I need it to also contain the number of who sent it. I have read the templates section, however it is not very clear.

I attempted to put From = %Sender% in the Settings box of the Carrier-FilesReply, no change in the file.

I need another nudge. :)

Lon

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have the right idea as to what variables to use, though. You would use that same sequence, just in the Text section rather than the Settings section of the Template.

zLon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Text file now has the "From" cell number included. I'm ready for the next step in the process, sending to the correct group based on the "FROM" cell number.

This is my sample file:

From = +15130000000
Test6

Lon

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, do you need to correlate the From field to a particular group or recipient? For example, would +15130000000 equal the "exampl_priority_one" group in PG?

zLon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I thought I was on the right track. Maybe I don't understand the 'Lookup Table". I changed my file to put the number in the TO: area.

I then put +5130000000 (my cell) number in the 'Data In' side of the table and put my group in the 'Data Out'.

TO: +15130000000
MSG: Test13

Trying to mirror our current working messages that get sent out.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have the right idea but the data in field is matched precisely. So, for example, if you put in +5130000000 for the data in but the data value that shows up in the text is +15130000000, that isn't a precise match.

I would recommend structuring the Data In as:
*+15130000000*

The * on either side of the Data In value tells the program that there could be other characters preceding and following the value to be searched for.

zLon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I got it working.

One of my issues was I trying to use 'c:\pagegate\ascii\' instead of my current {network} folder. It was picking up the files here, however it would not process them correctly and gave an error that pointed to the {network} folder, not sure why.

I started putting my test files into the network folder and they started working correctly, and removed the line in Advanced Polling Files that pointed to 'c:\pagegate\ascii\'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: