NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Sending Via Nokia 22 Gateway

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 9:40 am    Post subject: Sending Via Nokia 22 Gateway Reply with quote

My organisation have a security requirement to be able to send alert paging messages to multiple recipients on a regular basis.

I have a requirement for simple to use paging software where one controller can send one sms to 2-300 recipients from his laptop or PC. The computer will be connected via the serial rs232 port directly to either a Nokia 22 Gateway or, rs232 or IR to a Nokia 8310 phone.

Reply service, email over sms, mms etc are not required, but we do wish to store up to 300 multiple users, create several groups from these users, and send sms' to them via our local GSM service provider (Mobimak Macedonia)

I have tried both Notepage pro, and Pagegate, but it seems I am either setting up wrong, or the software doesn't recognise the Nokia 22 gateway OR a mobile phone as a modem. Can you confirm if this should work, and what the modem settings on Pagegate/Notepage pro should be please.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 9:53 am    Post subject: Sending Via Nokia 22 Gateway Reply with quote

In NotePager Pro and PageGate you should setup a carrier to use the 'GSM' protocol. It will then talk to your phone using the commands introduced by the GSM specification to send out the messages wirelessly.

In NotePager Pro, search the help file for GSM, there are a few different topics about GSM that will come up.

mikalwanted

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was luking for sme kind of technology to send flash/text messages in a group to mobiles in india can
u please explain the functionality of ur products......i saw ur products like notepager pro and pagegate but i was unable to understand the technical terms like carrier and how to use these in the software as these technologies are very new to me...thnx for support....

& one piece filler guide
solarmovies
Cream

Last edited by mikalwanted on Sat May 08, 2021 2:36 am; edited 4 times in total
NotePage Sales
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With NotePager Pro or PageGate software, you can send text messages to mobiles in India.

'Carrier' refers to the recipient's mobile phone provider. If your computer or server uses an internet connection, you need to enter the mobile phone carrier and their SMTP, SNPP or WCTP setting into the software. SMTP settings for different carriers or mobile phone providers: http://notepage.net/smtp.htm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions and Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: