NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Send SMS Over PSTN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amr Kamals

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: Send SMS Over PSTN Reply with quote

hi
I am just asking if it is possible to send SMS over PSTN from my PC modem, i ve Got a SMS phone and i 'd like to connect it to my PC modem and send SMS to it

I want also to know if there is any tool avaiable to send SMS over PSTN

I appreciate it so much

Best Regards

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:22 am    Post subject: Send SMS Over PSTN Reply with quote

Although most paging carriers support accepting messages over PSTN, only about half of the mobile phone carriers support this. What carrier is your phone with?

Amr Kamals

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: SMS Over PSTN Reply with quote

Actually i dont know my phone carrier is !!!! But i ll ask my question again in a different way ,Actually i want to make a Simple SMS Server To connect to my SMS Phone through PSTN But i have a lot of Problems

AS Soon As my PC modem answer the call from the SMS phone ,the Connection is off ,i mean my modem doesnt make a connection with the SMS Phone so i am asking is it possible to open a connection with the SMS phone using the modem or no way other equipments is needed

I appreciate ur help so much
Thanks A lot :)

Tech Support

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gather that you are attempting to dial into your computer from the cell phone to deliver messages.

Our software is not designed to do what I think you are attempting. It is used to send messages from the computer to a Carrier (which then delivers the messages to cell phones / pagers).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello sir,
IF IT IS POSSIBLE TO SEND A SMS THROUGH THE PUBLIC SWITCHED TELEPHONE NETWORK.PLEASE GIVE ME SOME IDEA ABOUT IT

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would use TAP to deliver messages over telephony lines.

Specific settings will depend on your computer's modem and the Carrier that your Recipient(s) use for paging/cellular service.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions and Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: