NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

"There are no recipients defined within Notepage"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shunte

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:54 am    Post subject: "There are no recipients defined within Notepage" Reply with quote

We are installing Solar Winds onto a new 2008r2 server with NotePage Pro, I have installed it following the win7 64 steps, copied the npp.mdb over, tested notepage successfully, the recipients are showing in the registry under HKY_LM\Software\Wow6432Node\NotePage\Transfer\Recipients. However, Solar Winds still tells me that there are no Notepage recipients defined at this time when I try to select a recipient for a new "Dial Paging or SMS service" action. Any ideas?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm... if that section of the registry is populated by with the recipients you've configured, Orion should be picking up on those entries and populating the list appropriately. You may want to check with SolarWinds' support as it should be reading those entries properly. The fact that it can't seems to indicate that Orion either isn't being allowed access to the proper HKLM section of the registry or is potentially accessing a user profile specific instance of the registry.

shunte

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll email the tech support.

shunte

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again, Solar Winds tell me they cannot help with this, do you have any further ideas before we have to look at scrapping the whole solution?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a way to manually integrate Orion with NotePager Pro. Instead of using the "Dial page or SMS service" option, select the "Execute an external program" option.

The command lines will need to be formatted as follows:

c:\<Program Directory\npp.exe Recipient Sender Message

For example, if you have the program installed to c:\NotePager Pro\:

c:\NotePager Pro\npp.exe priority_alert Orion This is a test

That would send a message to a recipient or group named priority_alert, the sender's name would be Orion and the message would say "This is a test"

shunte

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that, I have made it work though simply by typing in the recipients in the box rather than browsing for them, it does pass it to Notepager correctly anyway.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: