NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

SQL Server integration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> Integration Related Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndR3X

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:35 am    Post subject: SQL Server integration Reply with quote

I am currently trying to get the PageGate MS Access DB linked with SQL Server.

I generated the SQL Server corresponding tables for messages and users, and linked them from MS Access. When I open them in MS Access, I am able to view the records, and perform read/write operations.
The issue I have is when trying to open PageGate Admin. I keep getting the following fatal error window:
"Excessive database errors: 3151 ODBC--conection to 'pgdatabase' failed. in Procedure: treeform load Program Halted"

I believe that PageGate Admin doesn't know my SQL Server authentication ID and password, but I can't figure out where I can edit them. If I remove the linked tables from the PageGate Database, the Admin application starts correctly.

Any suggestions are welcomed, thanks.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should resolve that issue:

1) Open pagegate.mdb in MS Access

2) Delete the existing tables

3) Go to 'External Data' -> 'ODBC Database' -> 'Link to the datasource' -> 'Machine Data Source'

3) Select tables and be sure to check the save password box

4) After the tables are imported, rename the tables back to the original PG table names.

AndR3X

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already tried with the 'Save password' checkbox marked, and when I open the two tables in MS Access it doesn't ask for the authentication password. But the error when running PageGate Admin is still present.

What I noticed during all the attempts is that when I have only the 'messages' table linked, I can start PG Admin, but when the 'users' table is linked too, I can't pass that error window.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you have only the messages table linked and you are able to start PG Admin, can you successfully send out a message from within PG Admin (right-click on a recipient and choose 'send message')?

AndR3X

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I cannot. I receive the connection error message, but this time it's "in Procedure: send_form send Program Halted".

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem could be that the odbc data source is only configured for 64-bit access. Make sure the odbc driver and connection is setup for 32-bit applications.

More info on that here:
http://www.simba.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/HOW-TO-32-bit-vs-64-bit-ODBC-Data-Source-Administrator.pdf

AndR3X

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, I have configured the data source for 64-bit because the MS Access works on 64-bit, and it displays only those data sources. When I configured the driver for 32-bit, it didn't show up in the data sources list.

I'll try to find a way to view the 32-bit data sources in MS Access, and get back to you. Thanks

AndR3X

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So after multiple attempts, I managed to get the PG Admin started. The problem is I had to use an User DSN, instead of a System DSN. In the ODBC Administrator tool, it now shows my data source as 32/64-bit platform, which wasn't possible to have for System data sources.

Having this setup, the PG Admin seems to work correctly, and the data in stored into the SQL Server DB.

I have 64-bit SQL Server, 64-bit MS Access, and when I try to select the data source in MS Access it only displays the ones on 64-bit, and the User DSN which has 32/64-bit as platform.

Is there a 64-bit version for PageGate?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't have a 64-bit version of PageGate, and probably won't for some time. Some of the toolchain used in development doesn't have 64-bit options, so there is no easy way to compile to 64-bit at this time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> Integration Related Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: