NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Difference between Groups and Display-Groups

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IOWSO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: Difference between Groups and Display-Groups Reply with quote

I have recently been tasked with managing a PageGate 5.0 installation. It ships info from our CAD. I can see the required matching group names from our CAD and PageGate in the GROUPS section. I cannot seem to understand the section called DISPLAY-GROUPS. What exactly is this used for?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Display Groups are only used in conjunction with the PageGate Client and are not referenced by any other module.

A Display Group allows you to control what recipients and groups are displayed in the PageGate Client. After configuring a Display Group, you can go in to the PageGate Client's settings and lock it to a display group. From that point forward, that installation of the PageGate client will only display the members of the Display Group it was locked to. If members are added to or removed from the Display Group by an Administrator, those changes will reflect in the PageGate Client's displayed list of Recipients and Groups.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: