NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

SNPP conection Failure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gazinbali

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: SNPP conection Failure Reply with quote

Hi
I am using Notepager 3.0 trial vsn.
Since this mighty fine program was able to scan my computer to see what sms protocols would work..
it gave a FAIL to SMTP
but a PASS to SNPP and WCTP
( Other Port scanners also fail Port 25 as does the Telnet test elsewhere on this forum)

S I tried sending a test sms.. using SNPP.
Since it cannot send direct to me in Indonesia.. I tried sending to an online SMS Receiving service at receive-sms.com
This has temporary number which display the messages on my browser.
It worked fine when I sent an sms from my mobile phone.. but I get an error message from NotePager Pro.
So I tried sending to a random Mobile number in the USA.. to see if I got an error message.. and I got the same message..

Sent: Page2023679748
Received: Error 550 Invalid Pager ID
The Carrier rejected the ID Pin Number.

I tried ATT and Cingular with SNPP.
So.. it looks to me as though the program is sending a Pager handshake and not an SMS.

How do I get it to send to Mobile Phones and not Pagers?

Do I need a Login and Password for the SNPP to work..
If so how do I get this?
Also lets say I setup to run via Sprint SNPP.. can I only SMS Sprint numbers or will the gateway allow SMS to any other Carrier like to an ATT Mobile number for example.

Please see the jpg here.
http://tubeblaster.info/images2/Note%20Pager%20Pro%20Error%20.JPG

Look forward to your reply

Thanks

NotePage Sales
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: SNPP conection Failure Reply with quote

Since port 25 or SMTP failed is closed, you may want to connect a cellular modem or mobile phone to your computer to send SMS with NotePager Pro. The modem or phone needs to support the GSM's AT Commands.

US mobile phone carriers restrict their SNPP settings: http://www.notepage.net/top-carrier-settings-for-sending-messages.htm

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Different SNPP hosts have different requirements. For example, the Sprint, Alltel and Verizon SNPP hosts require you to register with them before you can use them as they do require a username and password.

I noticed, however, from your original post that you're in Indonesia. As far as I'm aware, there aren't any Indonesian carriers that support any of the internet based protocols (SMTP, WCTP and SNPP). You'll need to use a cellular modem to deliver SMS messages within that country.

gazinbali

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.. Thanks for the reply.
I was using the snpp function since port 25 is blocked on my isp.
Would installing an smpt server program on my computer fix this problem ?

Also re Indonesia.. SMTP is available.. I dont think SNPP is though.. and not sure how I would find out.. Google maybe ?

Also there was no answer to the question about the error code.. incorrect Pager ID.. How do I set this for sending to Mobiles and NOT to Pagers.?

I am now also having another problem..

The program wont stop sending.. and the Dialler function crashes.. I get a popup about every 10 secs..
What could be the problem ??

I will try uninstall and re install see if that works.. but maybe you have another idea.

Im using win 7

Thanks

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally speaking, if port 25 is blocked by the ISP, you'll have to request that the ISP open the port for you. Installing an SMTP server program on your computer wouldn't open the port.

With regards to SMTP in Indonesia, it's possible that there are some Indonesian carriers who can receive this protocol but we aren't aware of any that do. You may be able to search for a carrier's SMS SMTP address or their receiving SMTP domain or you may be able to contact the carrier(s) directly and ask them.

I would still recommend using a Cellular Modem, however, as a Cellular Modem can send (and receive) SMS messages to any cell phone, regardless of the country of origin.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: