NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Pagegate v5 with windows service

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tazuki

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject: Pagegate v5 with windows service Reply with quote

I have installed Pagegate on a other pc. But when i try to run pagegate as Windows service its give me invalid account or password.

I have setup a special account for it so i know the account and password is correct. I have also try it with the local Admin account but i get the same result "Invalid account or Password".

btw i have start the program with local administrator (Full rights, open with user)

Anybody a idea?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When PageGate tries to switch its run style to a Windows service, it has to access a restricted portion of the Windows registry where the Windows Services live. In order to do that, PageGate must provide Windows with the appropriate username and password to do so.

On most systems, you can leave the credentials blank, which tells PageGate to use the default Windows System Account to create and run the services. If leaving the credentials blank, as you did, fails, that means that the Default Windows System Account has been disabled in Windows and you'll need to provide a username and password that has the "Log on as Service" local security policy.

If you're unsure as to whether your account has this policy or are unsure as to how to apply this policy to your administrative account, I'd recommend contacting one of your network or security administrators.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: