NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Notepager Pro NPP.exe and NPPDial.exe not running as system

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhilbert1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject: Notepager Pro NPP.exe and NPPDial.exe not running as system Reply with quote

We have couple instances of Notepager Pro, and one where I had to terminate NPP.exe and NPPDial.exe processes that were shown running as system. When I restarted Notepager Pro, it started NPP.exe and NPPDial.exe, but under my username instead of system. When I close Notepager Pro, both NPP.exe and NPPDial.exe disappear, so it's not running in the background anymore. The 2nd Notepager pro system we have, which I've not messed with, shows both NPP.exe and NPPDial.exe operating in the background under user SYSTEM. How can I repair the malfunctioning instance to keep NPP.exe and NPPDial.exe running in the background?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you integrating NotePager Pro with something like SolarWinds' Orion or PRTG?

dhilbert1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's integrated with Solar Winds Orion

dhilbert1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reinstalled the software, thinking that was it, but think I figured it out when I manually triggered a test alert from Solar Winds Orion to notepager recipient, and saw the action starts up both NPP.exe and NPPDial.exe under SYSTEM, in addition to my account. when I close the notepager pro app, NPP.exe and NPPDial.exe under system remain running in the background, so I think we're good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: