NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Umm, trialware isn't exactly a trial is it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ozymandias

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:32 pm    Post subject: Umm, trialware isn't exactly a trial is it? Reply with quote

I'm in the process of trying to find something that can take some old crappy software and make it do....well, what you guys say pagegate will do. However, the "shareware" version that your documentation says will shut it's self off every 3-5 days (which is no biggie. I don't need it "stable" while I'm testing it..but since it turns off every 3-5 MINUTES that's a bit different) it also doesn't allow....oooh, for me to turn on ASCII for any users.

Now, since the whole point of me testing this software is for integration with other products, but I can't test the integration of it. How am I suppose to test this software out?

I might also add that I just spent about 2 hours working on trying to make it work until I realize "wait, it says I don't have ASCII permissions, let's go look at that" and found out that low and behold, I can't even turn them on. In this day and age, with so many companies (and various other levels of users) being burnt by software manufacturers, wouldn't you think that maybe you should consider following your own documentation on the trial?

I can tell you right now, that since I just went to heads with this software, and come to find out that I can't even test it out before I buy, let's just say I'll take my business elsewhere. I'm mearly stating this information here just so you can realize that you lost a sale and most likely....I'm not the only one that's walked away from your products due to something similar. Might want to rethink things a little.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 6:16 am    Post subject: Umm, trialware isn't exactly a trial is it? Reply with quote

I'm sorry for your difficulties. The trial version of PageGate is fully functional with the exception that only 2 recipients can be active at a time (more can be setup, but only two active), and that the server will go from a running to a stopped state every 3-5 days.

The difficulties you are having are due to a configuration problem, not a functionality or shareware problem.

In the section of PageGate's manual labeled 'Running the first time', you will see the first topic which is labeled 'One-time configuration'. In particular this topic talks about the 'Run on this server' section of the setup screen. Without checking the GetAscii box, you will not be able to use that interface.

In addition, if you look in the PageGate documentation under the 'GetAscii' section, you will see the description of the first item on the GetAscii settings screen:

Enabled - check this box to enable the GetAscii interface. The interface cannot be enabled unless a valid polling directory is provided. If the PageGate server is already running before you check this box, you will need to manually start this interface by right-clicking on 'GetAscii' and choosing 'Start' from the popup menu. The next time the PageGate server is started, this interface will startup automatically.

I would make the suggestion that in the future if you have any trouble with our software that you can't figure out, please call, email, or post your problem in this forum. We offer free pre and post sales tech support via any of these means.

In addition, if you need to test the software beyond the limitations of the trial version, you can contact our sales or tech support department and request a 30-day key that will unlock PageGate in full for that period of time.

Please post, email, or call if we can be of further assistance

www.notepage.net/forum
support@notepage.com
(781) 829-0500

NotePage Sales

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 6:46 am    Post subject: possible integration Reply with quote

Hi,
If you do decide to pursue integration please contact us. As we have a very flexible program in which we co-promote our partners. We also create profiles of partners in our integration partner directory, which you might find beneficial.
NotePage Sales

Chadha

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Pl explain Active users Reply with quote

Hello Support
What do u mean by active users. Please describe from licensing point of view.
thanks

NotePage Sales
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Pl explain Active users Reply with quote

Any number of users can access or send messages into PageGate, therefore it does not matter if the users are active or not. PageGate is licensed by the number of pagers or cell phones that messages are being sent to. You will need to purchase the license that corresponds with the number of intended recipients.

NotePage's software sends text messages to cell phones or pagers. In order to send messages, you must know the subscribers pager or cell phone number. As well, the recipient's carrier and the carrier's protocol settings for either a modem or an Internet connection is required. You will need this required information for every subscriber that you wish to send to.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions and Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: