NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Page Gate Monitor / Note Pager Pro - Monitor/Page Setup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bhart

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject: Page Gate Monitor / Note Pager Pro - Monitor/Page Setup Reply with quote

I am using NotePager Pro and PageGate Monitor together to monitor my server and page me if anything goes down. This has worked great until recently when we changed our mail sanitation services. They are blocking the outbound e-mail that NotePager is sending. The name it's using is "pg_monitor". I need to append this with my domain. I can do this under the notepager pro tools, setting, general option just fine. Here's the problem. When pagegate monitor shows a failure and sends a page, it does not use the appended address in notepage pro. It uses "pg_monitor" instead of what I had entered. Is there any way to append this name in pagegate monitor? What am I missing?

Note: I can send messages from notepager pro just fine.

Thanks

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note: This is a fix that will be incorporated in to the release of PageGate version 6.1. The download link provided below is only valid for the next few weeks and it will be taken down once version 6.1 is released as this is a stock feature of version 6.1's Monitor.

There is an update that will fix this:

Download the updated PG Monitor from here:
http://www.notepage.net/download/dev/pgmonitor.exe

Replace the pgmonitor.exe with the file you just downloaded.

With the new PG Monitor in place, you'll need to create a new registry entry to manually specify the Sender's Name the PageGate Monitor uses when issuing the NotePager Pro Alerts. Here's how to do that:

1) In Windows, go to Start - Run.

2) Type the following and click OK: regedit

3) Browse to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NotePage\PGMonitor

4) Right click in the right hand panel, select New - String Value.

5) Name the new entry: NPP_Sender

6) Double click on the new NPP_Sender entry and enter the name you want the Monitor to use. For example, if you enter alerts@whatever.com then the value passed will be alerts@whatever.com or if you just enter Alerts, it will only pass Alerts.

bhart

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much. This worked perfectly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: