NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

SMTP to GSM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anton1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: SMTP to GSM Reply with quote

Hi, I am having a bit of an issue forwarding an SMTP message to a GSM modem.

I have setup a mail recipient with a gsm carrier.
I have configured a connector for the GSM modem.

I am able to receive the SMTP traps correctly but am missing a step to have it forwarded to the connector the GSM modem is on.

Any tips?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using PageGate's GetMail module to read in the email messages? If so, how do you have the GetMail module configured?

Anton1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i am using the GetMail Module.

Currently its enabled with my local domain and DNS Server details.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, there are two primary ways you could use the GetMail module in this particular setup. You can either have a mail server host a POP mailbox that PageGate can periodically check or you can re-route messages to the PageGate server.

With the POP route, you would create a POP mailbox for each recipient or group that you want to send email to. Then you would go in to the Email sub-section of the aforementioned recipients and groups and configure the POP Mail Collection option.

The way I'd recommend setting it up, though, is the second method, also called the sub-domain method. So, let's say you have an email domain that your mail server or exchange server handle. Just for example, let's say that your email domain is whatever.com. You can create a sub-domain off of the main domain and redirect the MX record of that sub-domain to the IP of the computer running PageGate. So, you could create paging.whatever.com and redirect it to the IP of the computer running PageGate.

Once you've done that, just set the Local Domain field in GetMail to match the sub-domain. As soon as you do that, every recipient and every group in PageGate becomes a valid address on the sub-domain. For example, let's say we had a recipient called notepage. You would be able to send an email to notepage@paging.whatever.com and have the message be delivered to whatever cel phone, pager or alternate email address the notepage recipient has been configured to deliver to.

Anton1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok maybe i am misunderstanding a bit. I am not having any issue getting the getmail module to work just the "re-routing" part.

I have getmail setup. Messages being received correctly.
I have a Carrier setup for GSM-AT.
I have a connector setup for the dedicated carrier above.
My Recipient is setup to use the above carrier.

How can i can the received message to go out the GSM modem, as is the connector has zero activity which implies i am missing a 'forwarding' or re-routing' type of option someone that isnt too obvious.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... if you would, please email all of the .log files from your c:\PageGateData\Logs\ folder to support at notepage dot com so we can have a look at things.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: