NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

RawTCP data to relay controller

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mwaters

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: RawTCP data to relay controller Reply with quote

Is it possible for Pagegate to send certain RawTCP decimal/hexadecimal bytes to an Internet connected device such as a relay controller? I have a relay controller for a fire station that will turn on/off several items. This controller can be made to do things if it receives correct decimal or hexadecimal values from an Internet connected system like Pagegate.

We have four connectors, two of which are set to serial 0 which I believe should allow for Internet access. I have also created a new Carrier, using RawTCP, that identifies the controller with its IP address and TCP port. I also created a new recipient and set its Carrier to be the new one I created earlier. I am not sure what, if anything, I should put in for the ID/PIN field in this new user.

Attempts to send a message to this user result in nothing other than the message being queued, which I must manually delete since they won't go anywhere.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Tech Support

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With regards to the messages not being delivered, you'll want to set one of the Serial 0 connectors to have no dedicated carrier. The dedicated carrier setting tells the connector it should never handle traffic for any other carrier except for the one specified.

With regards to the setup, go in to the settings of the recipient and uncheck Alpha and Drop non-printable characters, then put a check in Don't send From.

The hardest part you're going to run into is that PageGate sends character data, no values. So, you'll will have to send the character equivalent of each decimal value you want to send.

mwaters

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reconfigured my test recipient as you suggested. The relay controller only needs to see values like 254 30. If I can send phone numbers via a page, shouldn't I be able to send simple numbers as well like this? I am also asking the relay control vendor for assistance with their side of this. I have not attempted anything like this before so I apologize if I am asking simplistic questions.

Even with the changes, the messages get scheduled but remain stuck in the queue.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We haven't had a client attempt anything similar either, so simplistic questions are a good place to start. What you should be able to do is send those simple number sequences, yes, as long as the receiving side of things can interpret what's being passed.

mwaters

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do my Carrier setting seem correct? How do I get my messages to this IP address to get out of the queue?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on what you've posted, yes, the carrier settings do appear accurate. As for how to get the traffic to leave the system, the traffic has to go over one of the connectors, so make sure at least one of your connectors has no dedicated carrier set and make sure that your RawTCP carrier is NOT set as the dedicated carrier on an inactive connector.

OzCom

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you creating the messages? (guiCLIENT, getASCII,etc)

TEL: 207-518-8455
AOsgood@streamline-solutions.net
Creators of AutoPage Spillman CAD interface for PageGate
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mwaters

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, here are how my connectors are configured. There are four of them.

Connector 1:
Init String: {Auto}
Dialing Prefix: [BLANK]
Dedicated Carrier: {none}
Serial Port: 0
Direct Connect: Not checked

Connector 2:
Dedicated Carrier: DirectComm2
Serial Port: 2
Direct Connect: Checked

Connector 3:
Dedicated Carrier: DirectComm3
Serial Port: 3
Direct Connect: Checked

Connector 4:
Dedicated Carrier: {none}
Serial Port: 0
Direct Connect: Not checked

According to the PGMonitor, Connector1 is doing most of the work with 4047 good/10 bad, Connector2 has 1/0, Connector3 is 0/0, and Connector 4 is 312/2.

mwaters

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@OzCom-Right now I am just trying the right-click recipient and Send Message function. If this works the way we want it to, messages will be derived from out CAD dispatch software, which is how they are now for normal pages out to cell phones or physical pagers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: