NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Adhoc Recipient Reports

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Immrec

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Adhoc Recipient Reports Reply with quote

Hi,

I've added about 100+ adhoc recipients in the Adhoc section under GetMail, then added the same Recipients as Type Adhoc under Recipients, after a lot of help from Support & Aaron, in the hope that when I run our monthly reports, all the Adhoc recipients are shown on the report as the Recipients Name, not "adhoc+phonenumber".

Unfortunately this hasn't worked, is there something I've missed or is it just the way it is?

Barry

OzCom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am confused (I know, surprise, surprise, right? :-) )

PageGate is sending messages to the recipient name that is set up as AD-HOC. The report should show "recipient name" followed by destination address

I just tried it on a couple of my systems and do not see the issue you're referring to - I tried both SUMMARY and DETAIL views

TEL: 207-518-8455
AOsgood@streamline-solutions.net
Creators of AutoPage Spillman CAD interface for PageGate
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Immrec

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Aaron,

Hopefully I can explain it without confusing you more.

We use a program called nCall (www.nsolve.com) to manage all inbound calls. Clients can be configured to receive an email and/or sms from nCall. Several clients are configured for email for "Normal" priority calls and then SMS for "High" priority calls.

In this situation, we can't have their mobile number setup in the email field otherwise they will receive an SMS for every message we take for them. The nCall Mobile phone field is numeric only.

Scenario 1: As a Client, I only want to receive SMS for ALL messages taken. nCall is configured with my email address as barry@sms-Server. Pagegate has a recipient called Barry with my mobile number. All messages are "emailed" to me. report indicates messages sent to "Barry".

Scenario 2: I want to receive all messages via email, but urgent messages as an SMS. nCall has my email address set to barry@ISP.com.au and my mobile number as 046697xxxx. When an "Urgent" message is taken, operator selects "High Priority" and ncall sends the message to 046697xxxx@sms-server.

The second scenario is where I'm having the issue with the reports not recognising that the message was sent to Barry and not to Adhoc 046697xxxx, even though I have created a Recipient "Barry" of type Adhoc (includes Adhoc entry under GetMail setup).

Clear as mud????

Barry

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you're describing is the way the program is supposed to function. Any ad-hoc traffic that's processed through GetMail, regardless of which specific ad-hoc recipient it's passed through, is going to have that prefix attached to it in the database. So, when you run a report in the program, it shows you the database output, hence the adhoc prefix.

Immrec

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugga, all that entry for zip. Don't suppose there's anyway around this?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: