NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Connectors
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BobBuch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Connectors Reply with quote

I'm currently licensed for 3 connectors and seem to be having issues with long delays in receipt of a page, or not receiving them at all. Is the number of connectors related to number of recipients in pages?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first step is to figure out if the delay is on your end or the carriers.

Best place to look is in the main PageGate log.

In PageGate Admin go to 'Logging' and then 'Global'.
Look for the time a message was scheduled, and then when it was sent. If those times look reasonable, but then the message doesn't get to the recipient's pager/phone for a long time, you will need to contact the carrier to see why there is a long delay in delivery.

However, if you see the message scheduled in the log, and there is a long delay before it is sent out, then there is something else going on. If that is the case, please send us a set of your log files (support@notepage.com) so we can try to track down the cause of the delay.

BobBuch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Connectors Reply with quote

Looks like there is something else going on, what log files would you like me to send you?

BobBuch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Connectors Reply with quote

I sent the files.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I checked out your log files. Here is what I see.

At 10:24:55 a group of messages for 70 recipients was accepted by PageGate from the CAD system.
By 10:26:19 they were all sent out of PageGate
So, the 70 messages took about 1 min 24 seconds to go out

Each message took about 3 seconds to be relayed to your internal mail sever - that is a reasonable speed.

At that speed, if you had just a single connector, the messages would have taken aprox. 3 3/4 minutes to go out. But since you have three, it only took aprox 1 1/2 minutes.

Your only option for more speed would be to add a fourth connector.

With 4 connectors, the messages would have probably taken just under 1 minute to go out.

BobBuch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Connectors Reply with quote

The issue is that the messages at 10:24 should have gone, at the same time the group at 10:09 went

NotePage Sales
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Connectors Reply with quote

PageGate's Additional Connectors can be upgraded for $100.00 each: http://www.notepage.net/upgrade-order-forms.htm

BobBuch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Connectors Reply with quote

I understand the need for additional connectors, and will be doing a PO to upgrade, however that still leaves the issue as to why it took 15 minutes for it to schedule and send that second group

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The message at 10:07 and 10:24 appear to me to be two different messages that came in from the CAD system 15 minutes apart. I could be wrong, because I'm not familiar with your CAD system, but check this out:

At 10:07 there is this text:
Calls 2013-000667,2013-000668 are related. Cross streets: NOROTON AVE//CASEMENT ST INDICATION: CO DETECTOR OPERATOR:49642 800-932-3822*<13>

At 10:24 there is this in the text:
(Cloned from 2013-000667) KEYHOLDER: JEFF SCALISE RESPONDING IN 7 MINUTES IN WHITE PICKUP 01/14/2013 10:07:08 : pos1 : DNOTO Calls 2013-000667,2013-000668 are related. Cross streets: NOROTON AVE//CASEMENT ST INDICATION: CO DETECTOR OPERATOR:49642 800-932-3822*<13>

BobBuch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Connectors Reply with quote

ok, 10:24 message is actually the balance of the original message, it appears the message somehow got split

OzCom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What method is your CAD system using to create messages in PageGate? There are numerous possibilities (getTAP, getASCII, SNPPServer, getSERIAL, getMAIL, or direct database integration). Once we know HOW your CAD is "pushing" traffic, we can diagnose further.

TEL: 207-518-8455
AOsgood@streamline-solutions.net
Creators of AutoPage Spillman CAD interface for PageGate
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BobBuch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Connectors Reply with quote

Our CAD uses Get Asci.
Our CAD vendor is VisionAir

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Connectors Reply with quote

BobBuch wrote:
ok, 10:24 message is actually the balance of the original message, it appears the message somehow got split

Then it looks as if the second half wasn't sent to PageGate for another 15 minutes.

Does the CAD system have some sort of log that show when the message files were written out for PageGate to pickup?

At the moment it kind of looks like the problem is on the CAD system's end.

BobBuch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Connectors Reply with quote

I have posed that question to our CAD IT person, who is in the Police Dept, he may have left for the day.............if that's the case I'll be back in touch tomorrow. Thanks!

OzCom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look in c:/pagegatedata/logs (at least, this is the default logfile location) - there is a logfile for each module. If you search the PGGAscii.log, that will show exactly what the CAD system sent and, more importantly, WHEN it sent it

View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: