NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Keep getting Module Stopped Errors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Keep getting Module Stopped Errors Reply with quote

I am running PageGate 5.0.0.92 and have noticed that I have several Module Stopped Errors in the log. When it happens, it seems to be two dialers but the next time it may be two other dialers. There are no reported DB errors in the log. A restart of the PageGate service seems to resolve them temporarily. This has been running for a while on Windows 2880R2 server but I have just noticed these errors. Looks like it has been doing it at least since January.

Will upgrading to 5.0.0.95 resolve this? I did not see a release notes showing the difference between .92 and .95

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure whether updating to build 95 will resolve the issue because I'm not entirely sure what the base issue is. If you would, please email the log files from the c:\pagegatedata\logs\ folder to support at notepage dot com and let me know the last date/time this happened so I can have a look.

kent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have emailed the logs.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, having had a look at the logs, it looks like if you pass more than 10 messages in a single SNPP session to the Arch SNPP host, the host stops responding properly... or is responding with an error code the connectors don't know how to interpret, which is causing the connectors to stop and then PageGate issues a restart command to them. Unfortunately, the specific error or fault or process that's causing the stop isn't being recorded.

In any event, let's see if setting a message limit prevents the issue from showing up in the first place:

1) Open the PG Admin.

2) Go to the Carriers - Arch - Advanced section.

3) Set the Message limit at 9.

4) Click on Apply.

kent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help. I have changed it to 9 and will see what happens.

Just to test, I did a manual SNPP session with telnet and did indeed get an error after 10 recipients. The error I received was

552 Max recipients exceeded for 2WAY

Should PageGate have interpreted this error?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it should have logged the error. I've filed a minor bug report on this.

OzCom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Additionally - WCTP is far superior for Arch. SNPP is only supported by USAMobility as a holdover from acquiring smaller carriers.

TEL: 207-518-8455
AOsgood@streamline-solutions.net
Creators of AutoPage Spillman CAD interface for PageGate
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip.
Are you using usa mobility's WCTP?

I did use WCTP for them before but they had a major issue with WCTP a couple of years ago where I believe the responses were taking a very long time causing backups. I had TAP for failover, but the messages were never failed, they were just taking forever. Their tech support said to use SNPP until the problem is resolved. I'm not sure we were ever notified that it was resolved so I have just never switched back. I may look at changing them back to WCTP.

OzCom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wctp.arch.com/wctp

Port 80

TEL: 207-518-8455
AOsgood@streamline-solutions.net
Creators of AutoPage Spillman CAD interface for PageGate
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still getting module stopped errors and occasionally a message gets stuck pending. A restart of the PageGate service will let the stuck message still go. I emailed log files yesterday, has tech support had a chance to look at them?

Today I changed to use WCTP with Arch/Usamobility but I am still getting module stopped errors.

kent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have resolved this.

After noticing that it seemed to keep getting stuck on the same users I realized that in their EXTRA1,EXTRA2,EXTRA3, and EXTRA4 fields there were null values but there should have been empty string instead. This was the result of a syncing with a corporate phonebook that I have since modified.

According to the logs, the modules were stopping before the syncing started so I did not think that was the reason for the module stopping and stuck messages.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: