NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

supported modems
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OzCom

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with USB modems is not the modem itself, but the USB to COM port drivers for Windows.

TEL: 207-518-8455
AOsgood@streamline-solutions.net
Creators of AutoPage Spillman CAD interface for PageGate
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tandrle

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:41 am    Post subject: nothing but XP?? Reply with quote

We are running Windows 7 on all your systems Are you saying Win7 is not capable of useing a USB modem? If so do you have a internal modem suggestion? Keep in mind we are a Volunteer department and funds are limited. I am looking for a in-expensive modem that will work with your software. We had one from an old pc that seems to get a dial tone but will not initiate the call to the sherrifs department. The old one was about 12 years old.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... no, that's not what we're saying at all. I just said if you're going to get a USB modem, don't get a US Robotics 5637 modem if you're not using Windows XP and don't get any Intel modems at all because I haven't had any luck getting those makes and models of modems to connect to any TAP systems. Aside from that, as long as you make sure whatever modem you do get has a Windows 7 driver, you should be fine.

tandrle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:40 am    Post subject: Irdered modem - hope it works Reply with quote

This is what I ordered. Lest hope it works.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16825134008

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: