NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Multiple user problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
medicc21

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Multiple user problems Reply with quote

I have a workstation setup with multiple logins for multiple users. It is a Windows 7 32bit setup. I am able to connect and send messages on one login but not on any of the others. All logins can see the PageGate server and are pointing to the database with a mapped.

The error we get from the Monitor console says "the client does not have permissions to send as this sender"

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you would, please email all of the log files from the c:\pagegatedata\logs\ folder on the server to support at notepage dot com

I'd really like to see the error in context.

medicc21

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:40 am    Post subject: Log files Reply with quote

I will send the log files shortly. I also sent the info from the admin console, as the log files did not seem to be updating.

Some more info that may help, I noticed that we are able to send texts under all logins via Sprint which uses the SNPP protocol. The other carriers are using SMTP and we are not able to send to them under other logins.

OzCom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The likely cause of your SMTP issues is that the SENDER name may not be allowed by your mailserver. Unless changed, the default sender name for SMTP delivery is LogIn@Domain

TEL: 207-518-8455
AOsgood@streamline-solutions.net
Creators of AutoPage Spillman CAD interface for PageGate
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
medicc21

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, for the quick reply. The sender names are all domain users and admins, and are setup on the mailserver under the same usernames we are trying to send from, if that helps.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just figured I'd update the forum thread with this information.

The reason the messages are failing is that PageGate is receiving this from the mail server:

550 5.7.1 Client does not have permissions to send as this sender

So, contact the admin that runs that mail server and ask them why the mail server is giving that error when certain workstations are trying to send messages but not others.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: