NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

PG Admin Window Size Maximize/Minimize (no floating window)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gperkins

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: PG Admin Window Size Maximize/Minimize (no floating window) Reply with quote

Recently installed PageGate version 5.0. Now getting ready to cut-over from an old 4.0 system.

Just a minor annoyance really, but unless you think to "Maximize" there is no way to launch PG Admin from the running Quick Launch menu icon. The v5.0 PG Admin window won't "float". The only option to display it (and configure PageGate) is Maximize. Strange, at first couldn't open PG Admin until I thought to right-click on the taskbar icon and select "Maximize".

PageGate is running on Windows Server 2008 32-bit (not R2). Using RDP to access the desktop to launch PG Admin (1024x768 RDP session window size). The server happens to be virtual, but that shouldn't matter.

Is this a bug? Is there a simple work-around?

gperkins

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed the desktop resolution in my RDP session to 1280x1024 and now the PG Admin window resizes (floats). Does this make sense?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I was wondering if you would email me your contact information to support at notepage dot com because I haven't been able to duplicate this but I'm wondering if that's because I'm misunderstanding what you're running in to?

gperkins

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't re-create this issue either. Maybe we can blame it on a quirk of a video driver or Windows Server 2008.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: