NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Web Interface drops all entries

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCrain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 1:36 pm    Post subject: Web Interface drops all entries Reply with quote

We've been using PageGate for nearly a year now and it works great! Keep up the good work! Now for the problem -- kinda!

I have a group defined and am using the Web Interface to access it. Occasionally, we go to the web and there are no entries on the list---it's as if all members have been removed from the group.

Rebooting the server (or services) doesn't help. To fix the problem, I have to remove the "Web Interface" from that group, apply the changes, and then add the interface back.

Is this something to be worried about or just a "feature" to know about and live with? It's not a big deal -- just enough of an inconvenience to be a real pain....

Thanks for any info you can provide!

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:13 pm    Post subject: Web Interface drops all entries Reply with quote

What you are experiencing is a bug that was resolved a while back. Please post what version of PageGate you are running so I can point you to an update to that version.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are having the similar problem. Every time we try to add a user to the list, it drops the list from the web page. The solution we found is to have the users clear the cache in their browser. We are trying right now with setting the main html page to never cache on browsers that connect to it. The pagegate version we are using is:

Pagegate Version 4.0

Are we heading in the right direction, or is there something else we can do. Thanks.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:22 am    Post subject: Web Interface drops all entries Reply with quote

If the problem is resolved at the client end, without having to make any additional changes to the server, then it probably isn't a problem with PageGate. If refreshing the cache at the client browser fixes the problem, then I think you are probably looking in the right direction for a solution.

Ray Steele

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:34 pm    Post subject: Pagegate Web loosing all info when user deleted. Reply with quote

Slight problem with WebGate......
When I add users the show up just fine but when I delete a user the entire list is wipped out, I then have to go in a modify a existing user a little or add another new user account for the list to be refreshed.

I'm running PageGate 4.0 web interface installed from the CD you sent.

It sounds like you may have afix for the problem.

Ray Steele
ray.steele@commtrans.org

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This issue is resolved in an updated PageGate Admin executable (PGAdmin.exe).

You can download the latest executable from:

http://www.notepage.net/support/pgadmin.zip

I suggest renaming the existing PG Admin executable, extract
the new file from the zip archive, then copy the extracted file to
the same directory that the original resides in.

This should be done on any machine (Server or Remote) that
PG Admin is installed on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: