NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

PageGate v5 - Access Boolean <> SQL BIT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quyknguyen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:07 am    Post subject: PageGate v5 - Access Boolean <> SQL BIT Reply with quote

I followed the instruction to upgrade PageGate to SQL posted on the web site and did all the record_id, tstamp, index... but the PageGate client still doesn't send the message.
What SQL data type should I use after converting from Access for boolean? I tried smallint, int, and bit and it still doesn't work.

I linked to the Control table and it works fine.
I then linked to a second table (Messages table), refresh the links and restart the services, everything seems fine but when I send the message, it just keeps in pending mode.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you would, relink the Messages table and open the PG Admin. Go to Tools - Database - Export - Messages and export the Messages, please. Then email that to support at notepage dot com so I can do a little compare and contrast.

quyknguyen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The scheduled column shows NULL even though I default it to 0 or change it to 0.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Therein lies the problem. The program can't interpret the #NULL# values. If you can find out why it's blanking out the 0, that should solve the problem.

quyknguyen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhh... The upgraded CD sent I got from your company doesn't include new EXE files. I have to download from your site and uninstall the one from CD and reinstall the one from your site and it works so far (I link just the control & messages tables).
Hope this help others...

Tech Support

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have to uninstall the program. Just run the new installation and install overtop of the existing install. It'll update the program's executables.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: