NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Migrating from PageGate Server 4.x to 5.x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roryfarr

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Migrating from PageGate Server 4.x to 5.x Reply with quote

Hi,

My understanding is that there have been database changes from version 4.x to 5.x of the PageGate Server. I was wondering if there is a conversion utility provided for migration of data.

Regards,
Rory

Tech Support

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is automatically included as part of the version 5 installation. The first time you run the PageGate Admin after upgrading the program, it will ask you if you would like to convert the database. Say yes and it will auto-convert the file.

gperkins

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: RE: Migrating from PageGate Server 4.x to 5.x Reply with quote

As I read the instructions and forum posts it appears that the only time to convert the v4 database is immediately after a fresh install. However, I'd like to:

1) Do a fresh install of v5 on a new server, convert a v4 database, play with the new v5 release using a copy of the production database.

2) Test for a while, modifying the converted database willy-nilly not caring about keeping it synchronized with actual production v4 database.

3) Schedule the production cut-over, re-copy the v4 production database to the v5 server, have it convert cleanly.

Can I do this? How?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's actually really easy to do. The pagegate.mdb from v4 can be copied in to the v5 database directory at any time. The next time you run the v5 admin, it will convert the database. It's that simple.

So, install v5 on your test system, transfer the database, let it convert, and run your tests.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: