NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

SNPP-in configuration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edelacy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject: SNPP-in configuration Reply with quote

I'm trying the SNPP-in function in a demo copy of PageGate. When I try to send a page using the Comm One LLC SNPP client it connects, but returns the error message "550 Pager ID <nnnnn> Not Accepted" where <nnnnn> is the recipient's ID/PIN.

The recipient can be paged from the GUI and from a file created in the GetAscii polling directory. I have entered the GetAscii directory in snpp.ini.

What am I missing?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SNPP sending system is transmitting a numerical sequence that identifies the recipient. The GetAscii module keys off of the recipient field. So, when the SNPP-in module writes the data that GetAscii reads in, GetAscii is seeing the recipient as a numerical sequence that doesn't match any of your recipient fields.

Just to give an example, if I have a recipient whose Recipient field is notepage_support, that's not going to match whatever numerical sequence your SNPP system is trying to message. However, if I have a recipient whose Recipient field is 7818290500 with a Full Name of NotePage Support, the Client will display NotePage Support in the list and the and the GetAscii module will recognize the numerical sequence via the SNPP-in.

edelacy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - I changed the recipient field to the numeric ID and the page goes through. (Turns out I had overlooked PinInfo.txt as well.)

An unfortunate side effect is that recipients and groups will now be identified in the PG Admin tree by ID, not by name. This could make it difficult to maintain a large user database. Is there any way to change this?
(I can't use adhoc recipients because the delivery methods must be customizable for each user.)

OzCom

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can send the NAME in the ID field from your Comm One system

EXAMPLE: I have a recipient in PG named osgood_aaron and a sending system uses "osgood_aaron" in the pager ID field when sending TO pagegate via SNPP

Better yet - name a GROUP and then have the sending system use the GROUP NAME in the pager ID field - this will cause PG to send a copy of the same message to all group members

TEL: 207-518-8455
AOsgood@streamline-solutions.net
Creators of AutoPage Spillman CAD interface for PageGate
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
edelacy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried using the recipient name in the ID field, but PageGate interpreted it as a zero ID ("ID 0000000 Not Accepted").
Thinking it might have been a limitation of the client, I telnetted into the server on port 444 from the Windows command line and issued the SNPP commands manually, e.g.,

PAGE <recipient name>
or
PAGE "<recipient name>"

getting the same response in each case, "ID 000... Not Accepted"

OzCom

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stange - I have numerous installs using this method (sending Alphanumeric strings in the "Pager ID" field of the SNPP sending system). If you're interested, send your direct contact info offline and I can see what may be the issue on Monday

TEL: 207-518-8455
AOsgood@streamline-solutions.net
Creators of AutoPage Spillman CAD interface for PageGate
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: