NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

SNPP or WCTP or TNPP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vccc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: SNPP or WCTP or TNPP Reply with quote

Hey guys!

I'm from Vancouver, Canada.

The problem we're having is we only have 2 modems and think we'll need more than that. Since SNPP/WCTP/TNPP is over the web, it'll be a lot faster than TAP.

QUestion is, what's the difference b/n snpp and tnpp?

Also, would any1 have the snpp or any web enabled address for Canada's major telco's? I only know of pagenet(a pager company)

Thanks folks!

Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TNPP is a point-to-point digital communications protocol. It's basically used to ensure delivery of information from one paging terminal to another directly connected paging terminal. TNPP is used only under agreement between carriers, or information providers and carriers. It is not an open, public access protocol that anyone can use to link into a paging system.

SNPP, WCTP, SMTP, and TAP are generally public access hosts that anyone can use to send messages through a carrier's network. There are some exceptions when a carrier requires a sender to register with a host in order to use their terminals but those are currently the exception and not the rule.

The most commonly supported protocols are the TAP and SMTP protocols. Most Canadian carriers only support these two options, though there are a few that do support the SNPP and WCTP protocols.

Fido, Rogers Canada, and Telus, for example, only support the TAP and SMTP protocols.

For a list of host information that we know of, please visit the support section of our website: http://www.notepage.net/support.htm

Connects

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As this org. note was a couple of years ago and things have changed....we now have the snpp address for Rogers..does anyone know of the proper address for snpp at Telus?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, as far as I'm aware, Telus doesn't support the SNPP protocol.

Connects

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, thought that when I could not find it but had my fingers crossed that you might know more...

mgudelis

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, Telus doesn't support the SNPP protocol.
@Connects: Were you able to find more information regarding your question?

Connects

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I was not....the Rogers site is a Beta site for snpp and my vendors solution is to go to an aggregator...adds costs which in turn need to be passed off to our clients...who are also clients of the cell companies..I could use another solution but it too could get shut down by greedy cell companies

OzCom

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another alternative is to connect an external cellular modem to your PageGate system and send trus SMS messages. One advantage to this is that you do NOT need to know who the recipient's wireless carrier is - you only need the 10 digit phone number

TEL: 207-518-8455
AOsgood@streamline-solutions.net
Creators of AutoPage Spillman CAD interface for PageGate
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Connects

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron-are you talking about the SMS gateway that Michael Leibowitz is selling or something else?

OzCom

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a highly customized version of PageGate combined with a cellular modem. Our marketing name for the solution is TASLinkSMS - we have many TAS and Public Safety users enjoying the benefits. It can integrate with any platform and our solution allows you to have a cellular device su bscribed on CDMA carriers as well as GSM cariers (so you are not forced to subscribe to only ATT).

TEL: 207-518-8455
AOsgood@streamline-solutions.net
Creators of AutoPage Spillman CAD interface for PageGate
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions and Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: