NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Which product?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TriciaG

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Which product? Reply with quote

We currently use Orion NMS to monitor our network. I was sent to this site to look at paging solutions. Right now we use a home grown solution using Perl scripts. I am not sure which solution fits. My requirements:

- Multiple paging groups
- Multiple cell phone providers (AT&T,Sprint,Verizon, Blackberry etc)
- Paging based on time of day and or day of the week
- Failover to a modem in case circuit is down
- Simple interface would be a bonus
- Able to send pages or emails

Anything else would probably be bells and whistles. I see references to NotePage and PageGate with Solarwinds. It sounds like PageGate is a better solution. I have admins all over the US, in Canada and Manila that I would like paging for. Does PageGate work with Solarwinds or only NotePage? Also is there a trial I can download? I tried to follow the PageGate link to download off the Solarwinds integration page and it doesn't work.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PageGate is the best solution for you and its GetAscii module allows it to directly interface with Orion. You should be able to download the trial version of PageGate here:

http://www.notepage.net/download/pgsetup.exe

TriciaG

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Orion Integration with Page Gate Reply with quote

I have installed the trial Page Gate software on a test VM. I am trying to figure out how to integrate with Orion. How do I get Orion to send pages to the test install of Page Gate? Do they have to be installed on the same machine to work together?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't have to be running on the same machine but you do need to configure the GetAscii module for PageGate. Here's what you'll need to do:

1) On the PageGate system, create a new directory called c:\ascii\

2) Open the PageGate Admin.

3) Go to the Interfaces - GetAscii - Settings.

4) Set the Polling directory to c:\ascii\

5) Put a check in 'Enabled'

6) Click on Apply.

7) When prompted as to whether you want to enable the service for all existing groups and users, say yes.

8) Go to the Program - Settings section.

9) Under Run on this Server, put a check in GetAscii and click on Apply.

TriciaG

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:24 am    Post subject: Orion Integration with Page Gate Reply with quote

I have done those steps. How do I get Orion NMS to send pages utilizing the GetAscii module?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are PageGate and Orion running on the same system? If not, you'll need to share the Ascii directory on the network and give the Orion system the "Full Control" permission under the sharing and security tabs.

After the directory is shared, you should be able to tell Orion (though, I'm not familiar enough with their interface to tell you which specific screens and menu options to go to) to look/view/execute Paging alerts from the network path to the Ascii share.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions and Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: