NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Landscape

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Landscape Reply with quote

I can't print any of the reports in Landscape. Even though I selected it through preferences. Portrait just doesn't cut it. Am I missing something? HP Laserjet 4 as a printer driver - Windows XP for OS.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If possible, could you try running the Report again, and answer the following questions?

1.) What type of Report are you trying to print?

2.) What are the options that are selected for the report?

3.) Does the "Preview" of the Report look correct, or is it just the actual print-out that is problematic?

4.) Specifically, what is the issue that occurs when you select "Landscape"?

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 9:16 am    Post subject: Landscape problems. Reply with quote

All the reports and views I have selected iregardless of options selected will print preview in Portrait even though I have selected Landscape in preferences. I have printed them even though the print preview shows portrait - print out is portrait.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NotePager Pro supports Report printing in "Portrait" mode only, as this is the standard in our other software products.

Our apologies for the confusion.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 10:19 am    Post subject: Hmmm Reply with quote

That is too bad, because the reports would be much more readable in landscape. I would suggest you look at implementing it in a future release. I am sure it doesn't require much coding.

I am currently evaluting the software for a client who is looking at both your product and InfoRad. This didn't help your side.

Hank

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: support Reply with quote

Don't know if this will help with your decision but I found NotePage's support to be much better than their competition.
Hank

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes well we will see. This installation is for a realty company and a demanding and diverse use of cell and pager technology. Also an unforgiving bunch when missing a page or text message.
I liked Notepage because it has more diverse logging features than the competition. Although finding the TAD numbers for Canadian Pagers and Cell phone proved to be challenging, I think I have a lot of them covered now for my area. They want to produce detailed daily reports but found the portrait display clutered and confusing.
Modems also seem to be a problem since some of the newer winmodems just don't like slower baud rates or negotiation. I have to say I found the same with fax software as well.

All the realtors data has been entered today and they will be test running the product for a couple of weeks before a final decision will be made. Several Licenses will be purchased at that time.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you were able to track down some TAP phone numbers in CA that we don't have, it would be a great help to others like yourself, if you could post them here.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, I still need Landscape.... and I also see the need to be able to pull up previous days archive logs without using Notepad. The people that are using the program are not technically orientated. We have to make things simple for them.

The numbers I have are specific to the city I am in with exception to the 1800 number for Rogers Pagers and PageNet pagers. I also found a good PDF file on telus's site that gives all the local numbers for different cities for both Telus Mike and PCS phones. It also gives some different modem settings for some of the more difficult modems. I could post or email the document to you if you want. I could also give you the numbers for what I have but most only work in the city I am, but I am sure they have them in most major cities. I have Sprint, Pagenet, Rogers Digital, Rogers Pagers, Telus pagers, Telus Mike, Telus PCS. All work fine for me here.

I would like to see a suggestion area for improvements or additions to future releases. At least some acknowledgement that they will be looked at or have merit for a future release.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Link for Telus TAD Numbers Reply with quote

Here is the link for Telus TAD numbers. Scroll down the page and they list the number for many cities. A lot more than are listed in your list.

http://www.telusmobility.com/bc/wweb/messaging_getting_started_two_way.shtml

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the link to the Tellus / Mike TAP numbers. That
information should be a great help for other users in Canada.

The development team does review the forums on a regular basis, so
those suggestions and feature requests can be posted on the
appropriate product forum.

If you wish to make product suggestions or have specific feature
requests, you can also e-mail them to feature-rq@notepage.com.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: