NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

cant send a text message

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Notepage rookie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: cant send a text message Reply with quote

I have been trying for about a week now and cant seem to figure out how to send a text message to my cell phone. I have used modem with a tap I tried all the tap numbers for nextel and still can't send it. I even tried using the internet but that didn''t work either. I just cant seem to figure notepager pro out what do you think I am doing wrong.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the other thread, my last post was a question as to which carrier you were trying to use so I could tell you how to set up the right carrier and how to edit and add recipients for that carrier. So, which carrier are you trying to use?

Notepage rookie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the carrie I am trying to use is Nextel, but in the near future I will probably have to send to other carries like verizon, sprint or cingular. Tell me how to setup nextel first and that might help my knowledge with trying to setup the others.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fortunately, Nextel does support the SNPP protocol - the fastest and most reliable of the online protocols.

Here's how you'll want to set up Nextel, or any other carrier for that matter:

1) Browse to our website: http://www.notepager.com

2) Click on the Support section on the left hand column.

3) Browse through the SNPP, WCTP, and SMTP sections of the website until you find the carrier you need to set up (In this example, Nextel).

4) In the program, you'll want to go to Carriers and Add.

5) You can name the carrier whatever you like, though I suggest staying with a naming convention that's easy to follow such as NextelSNPP. Please note that you cannot have spaces in the carreir name.

6) Once you've entered the name for the carrier, you'll need to change the protocol. Change the protocol to whichever type you selected or found in Step #3, in this case SNPP.

7) The SNPP host for Nextel is: pecos.nextel.com

8) For Nextel, there is no password, the character limit is 240, and there is no message limit.

9) Now that you have all of the carrier information entered, you'll want to click on Add.

That's how you add a carrier. Adding a recipient is a great deal easier, sincde you simply have to select the carrier the recipient is intended to use and enter either the email address of the device you need to send to (IF the recipient is set to use an SMTP based carrier) or the ID/PIN for the device.

Notepage rookie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks that helped I got the message through. Now I dind't see any carrier info for Sprint or cingular and verizon only had one for pager were can I find there cell phone carrier info. Also How do I reate groups?

Notepage rookie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also if those wireless companies don't carry SNPP how do I use TAP numbers to send text messages to a cell phones

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as I mentioned in my last post, for different carriers, you'll want to do this:

1) Browse to our website: http://www.notepager.com

2) Click on the Support section on the left hand column.

3) Browse through the SNPP, WCTP, and SMTP sections of the website until you find the carrier you need to set up.

All you have to do after that is add in a carrier that uses the appropriate protocol.

As for groups, in the program, go to Groups and Add. Simply select the recipients you want to be in the group and add them. Then, in your recipients list, you'll see (g)Groupname. If you select that "recipient", you'll be sending a page to the group you've created.

As for how to use a TAP Carrier, do you have a modem? TAP Transmissions can generally only be sent out by your computer using your modem to dial one of the carrier's TAP Messaging Terminals.

Notepage rookie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When using SMTP how long is the normal rely time for it to be sent to a cell phone. The other to protocols dont have many of the main big wireless carriers, so I would probably have to use the SMTP to contact those outside of the Nextel network. Also for SMTP do you need an email address for each recipient for them to be able to send them cell phone text messages.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The amount of time it takes for an SMTP message to be 'accepted' by a carrier from NotePage and the time it's delivered to the device entirely depends on the carrier itself. The average time, though, is anywhere from thirty seconds to two minutes.

Yes, you do need an email address for each recipient that you want to send SMTP messages to.

moneyman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to Notepage rookie
you can go on www. smseverywhere.com

moneyman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is only 39 dollars for one month but the frist three messages are free but i am looking for other sites that are cheper but for now i am keeping that it is a great site for send ing text messages to your cell phone or to some of your friends

moneyman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do not know how to send text messages frm my cell phone to my computer i have to get a shorter email adress

moneyman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does any one know how to send pitures that are on your pc to your cell

NotePage Sales
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"it is only 39 dollars for one month but the frist three messages are free but i am looking for other sites that are cheper but for now i am keeping that it is a great site for send ing text messages to your cell phone or to some of your friends"
---

An advantage to NotePage's text messaging software is we only charge for the software. There are no monthly fees or charges for the number of text messages that are sent.

Features include unlimited groups, send to multiple recipients with multiple carriers, pre-program and schedule messages, logs and reports.

Download a free evaluation of NotePage software at http://www.notepage.net/software.htm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: