NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

NotePager Pro (across network)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BStephens

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: NotePager Pro (across network) Reply with quote

This is my first expereice with the product, but was wondering if it was possible to have 3 workstations access the same pager list. Right now, there are 3 installs on three different computers, each containing a unique pager list (none of which are the same). I was hoping there was a simple way to have these machines share the same list from a network location. Thanks in advance.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not really possible to do that with NotePager Pro. While it is possible to run NotePager Pro from a network drive, if you have more than one instance running, they fight over message delivery, it can cause errors with database, and message delivery won't be terribly reliable.

I would really recommend using PageGate to accomplish what you want.

BStephens

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your quick response. I actually don't want to run the application from the network...I would keep it setup the same way with three sepearate workstation installs...but I was hoping that there was a way they could share the same "pager list". As it is now, if a name is added or changed...it has to be changed to each workstation. Is there a way to put that particular file on the server, so that when the list is changed...it is changed on all? If not, is there any easy way, short of adding each name manually, to make all three workstations have the same names in list? Is there a way to copy that file to each workstation?

BStephens

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically, just want to know if there is a way to set the application itself to look for the npp.mdb file in another location?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I'm afraid NotePager Pro can't be configured that way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions and Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: