NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Multiple Carriers on a single dialler doesnt work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jstreeter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:09 pm    Post subject: Multiple Carriers on a single dialler doesnt work Reply with quote

I have two carriers set up in PageGate V4 - Telecom and TelecomSMS.
Telecom is for Alphanumeric Pagers
TelecomSMS is for messages to cell phones.
I have one dialler.
If I set the Dedicated Carrier to Telecom I can contact the pagers OK
If I set the Dedicated Carrier to TelecomSMS I can contact the Cellular phones OK.
If I set the Dedicated Carrier to (none) - which should allow either carrier to be selected dependant on the Recipient settings only the Telecom (paging) works any calls for the TelecomSMS recipients sit in the pending queue.
Have I missed a setting or misread the features and need another dialler?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When properly configured, PageGate Dialers will connect to multiple Carriers and utilize multiple protocols.

Which protocol is the "Telecom" Carrier configured to use?

Which protocol for "TelecomSMS".

What are your Dialer settings?

Barry

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Same issue Reply with quote

I am having the exact same problem. Two carriers on one dialer. One carrier will work with "none", the other doesn't. Both carriers will work if specified.

Both carriers are using TAP.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like your modem is having difficulty handshaking with one of the terminals. This is not uncommon, as each Carrier has different equipment.

Which Carriers?

Which Baud Rate are you using for each Carrier?

What does PageGate "auto detect" as the correct "Init String" at that Baud Rate?

Barry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teletouch is the carrier that works with "dedicated" and "None". Cingular only works if specified. But I don't think it's a handshake issue, since the message is never presented to the modem, and the modem doesn't even try to dial. The Log for the dialer stays completely blank, and the message stays in the Pending queue. I have just ordered 3 more dialers, figuring on dedicating one to Cingular, if I can't get this figured out.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:44 am    Post subject: multiple carriers on single dialer Reply with quote

Under connectors make sure that for all dialers (not just dialer 1), that the 'Dedicated Carrier' field is set to 'None', and 'Direct Connect' is not checked.

Also, up under 'Program' -> 'Settings', make sure you only have 'Dialer1' checked (if that is all you own).

Please post back if that doesn't help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: