NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Lessons Learned - PageGate, PGTone, Meridian Mail

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GHTROUT

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Lessons Learned - PageGate, PGTone, Meridian Mail Reply with quote

As a 2 month old user of PageGate, I've learned some stuff that may help others decide how to configure PageGate. Along with the web interface, we use the PGTone module (phone call to call PageGate, enter ID, dial callback number). I am quite familiar with the Nortel Meridian systems so I have some ideas on how we interface that PageGate as well. We have 70 devices that PageGate can contact. Some people have two or three devices. Most devices are pagers. All recipients and groups are numeric to enable any device to be reached via touch-tone phone.

We use the persons 4-digit extension, device type and carrier to develop the PageGate device ID. Each device is a 7-digit code:

XXXX=PersonsExtension YY=DeviceType ZZ=Carrier. ID 7007230 is my CellPhone through USCellular (7007=My extension 2=Wireless Phone 30=USCellularTAP) I also have 7007110 which is a pager. If the device is shared or not related to an extension, the 4 digits start with 9 because 9 is generally not an extension in phone systems.

Every device is a member of a group. Groups are all we publish on the web form. People who want to page me simply use 7007 (Group 7007 contains 7007230 and 7007110). To get rid of the (G) that populates the HTML, I just run a macro in a text editor that strips the (G) from the HTML.

Every Group also has the persons email address. If you are paged, you will also get an email.

Some Meridian Voice Mailboxes have "outcalling" so that if a message is left in a Voice Mailbox, Meridian Mail calls PageGate. If you have Rls12 or earlier, the RN Administration is in TOOLS. PageGate PGTone is a "Service" to Meridian Mail. Meridian Mail Rls12 and earlier has only one setting for each device - changing it to work with PageGate means it will not work directly to a pager service any more.

Just info

NotePage Sales

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:16 am    Post subject: Meridian Post Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this, it is great information to have.
Take care and have a great weekend.

NotePage Sales
http://www.notepage.net

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: